Transcoding temp folder not purged

nicox

Hello,

I use Emby server and my client use often the transcoding option. However, once in a while (like every 2 weeks), all my files failed. I can't watch any movie except if I restart the server.

Here is a log fail just before this happen. You can see a Conversion failed at the end of the file.

My question are :

-Why is this happening ?

- Is it because of the line "No space left on device" ? If so, how to program an autopurge of transcoding cache ? (Because it fill it up in 2 weeks, I don't need to keep it that long).

- Why do I have to restart the server ? In this case everything are ok (including the movie I wanted to watch), does that mean a server reboot purge all transcoding temp files ? If so how to program it (see question above)

The client used is a raspberry pi with embycon.

Thank you in advance for the help

Log.txt

Edited by nicox

Hello,

I have found that using embycon, after watching a movie, the transcoding temp folder is not purged. Can someone help me on this ? I didn't find any option to program purge of the transcoding folder.

Thank you in advance.

Angelblue05

@

Are you calling delete for /Videos/ActiveEncodings with the device id when playback ends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Happy2Play

There is no manual purge option.

There are a couple topics on this that basically say if the media is not stopped properly the transcoded-temp folder is not cleared of the recently played media, there are other features such as live streaming that could cause this also..

A server restart should clear the folder.

Was just going to tag you @@Angelblue05 to see if this is a issue on embycon. :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Embycon is null_pointer's project [emoji4]

I just remembered having that issue with Emby for Kodi once upon a time.

Edited by Angelblue05

Well, if I either use the stop button on Embycon or let the movie end, the transcoding folder is not purged. I even receive on the admin page of emby server that the user stopped the movie but the folder is not purged.

The purge works great if I use the web browser for exemple.

@@Angelblue05 I did not understand what it is and how to do it ? My emby transcoding folder on the server is /var/lib/emby/transcoding-something

Edited by nicox

Angelblue05

It's not something you do. The client should be calling that api when playback ends to tell the server to delete the files. It's possible embycon is not doing that. We'll have to wait to see what null_pointer says.

I have added it, it will be in the next beta.

Thank you, with embycon it seems like the temp folder is never purged in my case. I added a temporary turn around with a cronjob to clean it up every day.

I don't call DELET on /emby/Videos/ActiveEncodings?DeviceId=

I found the trans coding cleans itself up when the ffmpeg quits.

Are you saying there are situations where the temp files are not cleaned up when ffmpeg exits?

@ you don't need to call this. the regular report playback stopped will handle this.

No but it would be better to learn what is actually happening and why they aren't cleaned up in the first place, if indeed that is the case.