epg data timezones

glenskie16
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

glenskie16

Hello, is there a way to make it to where the epg just shows what is on at this moment? my mom who lives in new york, her epg is different than mine and is not showing the correct data for what is on. its 3 hours in the future, but the stream is not. Is there anyway around this?

Hmm, yes right because it's based on the time of her local device. This is something we'll have to think about for the future, but for right now she would have to change the time on her device (or computer). Thanks.

• Like 1

Plex just came out with live tv time shifting built in to the platform. i think this would be really useful

We're talking about two different things here. Time shifting is referring to seeking the live stream, and seeing active recordings. We already support that.

Thinking it over it really should just be fine for her. I would tell her to check her devices and make sure their timezones and clocks are set correctly. Is she accessing from a browser?

glenskie16

That seems like alot of work if i am traveling or if i have a friend that wants to use it. Would always have to change the timezone. i feel like that should be automatic to adjust the epg.

• Solution

No actually it's not any work at all. They do not need to be synced to your time zone.

They just need to make sure their own time zone is set correctly, which nowadays on mobile devices is pretty automatic.

• Like 1