Roku3not connecting to server

cpttango30

cpttango30

I recently updated my mediabrowser server software. After that my Roku3 stopped finding that server on the local network. Both are on the same network I've also tried putting server up 192.161.1.148:8096 into the Roku app still no joy. Tried turning off windows firewall and it still it wouldn't connect. Do you need to update the Roku app after the latest server side update.

Also would like to thank all the devs putting lots of work into this. I love the software.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

gcw07

OK, assuming your on the latest release from the Roku store, then I believe it is 1.16.7. You will either have a welcome screen or the server list screen come up. Either way it will look something close to this (note this is 1.17 beta so the design of the header is a little different, but the body is the same).

532673962c60f_dev.jpg

Select Add Server, then you will get this:

532673b527d13_dev1.jpg

It sounds like scanning isn't working so choose to manually do it.

532673d27244e_dev2.jpg

This should only be the IP address on this page. Don't put in the : port stuff there. That will be the next screen:

532673f7a5119_dev3.jpg

Now if you did all that and it is not working, then there is probably something on your network preventing it. It could be a firewall on your server computer or an anti-virus program.

cpttango30

I can now scan the network or input the ip address and it finds the server just doesn't connect to it.

gcw07

OK, so it saved it perfectly fine and your getting the server list area. Just when you go to connect, it is not connecting? If so, I'm guessing there is something on the server machine preventing it from connecting. Either a firewall or antivirus that has blocked it.

cpttango30

Figured it out. My wonderful 14 year old son decided to use my HTPC to go to all the malware infested game sites late one night and I had to run ultra virus killer to clean it up. Part of that was to reset the firewall. I went in and opened the port for mb and plod everything is now working.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...