Leaning quote on search textbox

capitaineflam25

capitaineflam25

Hi,

i observed that the defaut quote character on iOS keyboard (French AZERTY keyboard) is the leaning slash (See 1st picture)

So when you are typing an item name containing a quote in the search box it won't be found.

You have to manually change the quote to the vertical one (by doing a long press on the iOS quote key and selecting from the alternative quote choice)

Would it be possible to be more tolerant with quotes when doing a search (maybe ignoring them in the search ?) like it is done with accented characters ?

Of course now that i know the trick it's OK for me but it's a bit complicated for the kids when they use Emby.

Note : i did’t put this post on the iOS section on purpose because when i observe the issue for the first time i was using Windows Emby Server with a remote desktop (iOS was my remote keyboard). So i thought it was more a global search engine concern rather than an iOS app problem.

post-280061-0-02788600-1518072965_thumb.png

post-280061-0-26606400-1518072971_thumb.png

post-280061-0-34048200-1518072979_thumb.png

Edited by capitaineflam25

capitaineflam25

Thanks for 3.2.70.13 beta

The handling of special quotes is way better but still not OK if typed from iOS (I'm aware that it is not the most frequent use but i imagine we will have the issue when the fix will be released to the iOS app)

(Test are realized with Emby Server from Windows with a remote desktop client for iOS)

I didn't realized why at first because the behaviour of the iOS keyboard is tricky : pressing the quote key does not send the same caracter if you do it isolated rather than in a middle of a word.

' caracter code is 39 => OK, this is the classic quote you get when typing from a computer keyboard

´ caracter code is 180 => OK now, this is the quote you get when the iOS keyboard doesn't detect that you are in the middle of a word

’ caracter code is 8217 => Not working, this is the quote you get when typing it in a middle of a word "example, typing Bob's burgers"

You can see the differents caracters in the following screen capture. The caracter displayed on the key changes by itself depending what you are typing.

post-280061-0-48176200-1518510232_thumb.png

post-280061-0-00438400-1518510245_thumb.png

Edited by capitaineflam25