Why the music section doesn't display the albums, genres and tracks?

Richard Branches
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Richard Branches

I have more than 2000 songs in mp3 and flac format and the emby apps I use (android for smartphone android TV and windows 10) doesn't show the albums, genres and tracks.

is there something wrong with emby server?

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Has this issue been addressed by emby developers?

Richard Branches

Hi, can you tell us what your music folder structure looks like?

Hello, my music folder is just a plain folder with all the music files inside, there are no subfolders.

• Solution

Ok then that is why. We currently depend on that for albums. But artists, tracks and genres should still be showing up.

• Like 1

Richard Branches

Ok then that is why. We currently depend on that for albums. But artists, tracks and genres should still be showing up.

- Artists and albumartist appear with its respective photo.

- Genres appear but the 2000+ songs appear inside of every genre, displaying the same album art from the first song in the list.

- There isn't an independent section for tracks.

- In album section one album appear with the 2000+ songs displaying the album art from the first song with a weird name.

- I tried to play a song from any artist but didn't work, however it works if I play a song from that single album.

post-283246-0-16795200-1517975195_thumb.png

post-283246-0-15123100-1517975274_thumb.png

Deathsquirrel

Make sure your tags are correct in the files,  I use MP3tag for this but Musicbainz Picard is popular too.  Then move your tracks into folders as Luke suggested.  Should clear up on your next library scan after that.

Genres appear but the 2000+ songs appear inside of every genre, displaying the same album art from the first song in the list.

Are your songs actually tagged with genres?

Richard Branches

Make sure your tags are correct in the files,  I use MP3tag for this but Musicbainz Picard is popular too.  Then move your tracks into folders as Luke suggested.  Should clear up on your next library scan after that.

Hello, my music is perfectly tagged, I'm gonna have to do what luke suggested. Thank you anyway for your suggestion.

Edited by delacosta78

Richard Branches

Are your songs actually tagged with genres?

Yes, it is, remember that I said the 2000+ songs appear inside every genre...

Edited by delacosta78

Richard Branches

I created an additional folder and put some songs in there following your suggestion and to make some tests, I love the way it organizes the music, but I still don't see a songs tab (it appears in my android phone though), also, can you please fix that "31 dic. 9999" that appears in every album?. See the attached screenshot.

post-283246-0-01469700-1517980552_thumb.png

Edited by delacosta78

Deathsquirrel

I created an additional folder and put some songs in there following your suggestion and to make some tests, I love the way it organizes the music, but I still don't see a songs tab (it appears in my android phone though), also, can you please fix that "31 dic. 9999" that appears in every album?. See the attached screenshot.

That date bug will be fixed in the next server release I understand.

• Like 2

Richard Branches

That date bug will be fixed in the next server release I understand.

What about the songs tab? it's still missing...

Deathsquirrel

What about the songs tab? it's still missing...

Definitely not a general bug effecting everyone.  I have a Songs tab. should be between Playlists and Genres.  You say you have the tab in the Android app.  Are you using the same user account on both the phone and that app?

Richard Branches

Definitely not a general bug effecting everyone.  I have a Songs tab. should be between Playlists and Genres.  You say you have the tab in the Android app.  Are you using the same user account on both the phone and that app?

Yes, I'm using the same account across all my devices, the songs tab is missing in the Android TV app and the Windows app, I ignore other platforms, check the the attached screenshots.

post-283246-0-39949500-1518022243_thumb.png

post-283246-0-49695100-1518022262_thumb.jpg

Richard Branches

Actually that's because the Songs tab hasn't been added to those apps yet. It's planned for the future.

@@ebr

Oh!, I see, I hope you add it very soon.

Just a question - how do you plan to locate a particular song in a list of 20,000 items with just a TV remote control...?

Richard Branches

Just a question - how do you plan to locate a particular song in a list of 20,000 items with just a TV remote control...?

That's a good question, in my case, what I usually do everytime I go to a songs tab in any music app is to press "play all" or "shuffle all", by the way, those two options are missing in emby, I hope you add them in the future as well...

Edited by delacosta78

That's a good question, in my case, what I usually do everytime I go to a songs tab in any music app is to press "play all" or "shuffle all", by the way, those two options are missing in emby, I hope you add them in the future as well...

We are working on getting those functions into the apps but the same thing can be accomplished from just about any of the other tabs (once that option is there).  It wouldn't require a "songs" tab.  The reason that isn't there in the TV apps right now is due to my question above - we need to be sure it is providing a truly useful feature because navigating at the song level would be quite cumbersome.

• Like 1