Error Message: stdqueryrow-errorretrieving next up tv

slickdealer

slickdealer

I'm having the same issue as a lot of other people trying to get the Emby app to start on the Apple TV 4K. It will say "Starting up" then "Logging in (username)" then it hangs for awhile and displays the message "stdqueryrow-errorretrieving next up tv"

This happens like 60% of the time I'm opening the app. I have tried force-closing the app and rebooting the Apple TV. Sometimes it will fix it but sometimes it won't. I've tried turning off the Next Up TV in the app settings but that doesn't seem to help. I also tried disabling auto login but that didn't help either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by slickdealer

Hi.  I haven't seen anyone else reporting this.

It sounds like maybe a time out trying to retrieve information from your server.  Can you please reproduce the problem and then post a server log?

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

slickdealer2016

What was the solution?

I posted the solution on another thread but I'll just copy and paste it here:

Not sure this is related but I had a similar issue with starting up the Emby App on my Apple TV 4K. It would get to the "Welcome" message then hang or give me an error about Next Up TV. So what I did was disable the Next Up TV row from showing up on the home screen and it seems to have fixed the issue. The strange thing is although there is an option in the Apple TV Emby App to disable Next Up TV, it doesn't work (I would still disable it just in case). I had to go into settings on the Emby IOS App on my iPhone to successfully remove it. In the IOS app, there's a section called Home Screen. Scroll down to where it says Home Screen Content and uncheck all the boxes. That should remove the Next Up TV row. I did put a check where it says "Hide Watched Content From Latest Media" but not sure if that matters.

Emby has been loading up on the Apple TV without a hitch now. Seems the Next Up TV row was causing the loading issue for me. This may or may not fix other people's loading issues but it's worth a try. Hopefully a developer can further look into this.