TV Headend Plugin - Where Does It Store Data?

darrenkdean
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

darrenkdean

Downgraded Ubuntu Emby Server to 3.2.60.0.  In doing so, it broke the connection with the TV Headend plugin.

I have uninstalled the plugin & reinstalled it - no go.

I have also uninstalled it, then puttied into the server & manually cleaned up Live TV files - no go.

After uninstalling & manually cleaning up, when I reinstall the plugin, it remembers the username & password it should use to login to the TV Headend Server.  My thoughts are that there are some residual settings that are creating the issue.  Can anyone tell me where this plugin is storing its configuration?

Anyone ever encountered this error before:

2018-02-05 22:42:04.180 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionHandler.ensureConnection() : create new HTS-Connection
2018-02-05 22:42:04.181 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionHandler.ensureConnection: Used connection parameters: TVH Server = 'localhost'; HTTP Port = '9981'; HTSP Port = '9982'; Web-Root = ''; User = 'emby'; Password set = 'True'
2018-02-05 22:42:04.183 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: IPEndPoint = '[::1]:9982'; AddressFamily = 'InterNetworkV6'
2018-02-05 22:42:04.184 Error App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : Connection refused [::1]:9982
2018-02-05 22:42:06.184 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: IPEndPoint = '[::1]:9982'; AddressFamily = 'InterNetworkV6'
2018-02-05 22:42:06.185 Error App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : Connection refused [::1]:9982
2018-02-05 22:42:08.185 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: IPEndPoint = '[::1]:9982'; AddressFamily = 'InterNetworkV6'
2018-02-05 22:42:08.185 Error App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : Connection refused [::1]:9982

Edited by darrenkdean

darrenkdean

That did the trick!  Have I told you guys you are amazing lately, because you are!

Best-

Darren

• 8 months later...
plaidstallion

Try redoing your config with 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost

Can you explain what the fix is supposed to be here? I tried every local server identifier I could think of with no luck. I noticed NextPVR is also having problems assigning ports. I disabled IPv6 to no avail. Anyway, as near as I can figure out I need to edit/view the gateway docker container and this would have the appropriate IP to use in the config of TVH? Neither HTTP or HTSP is working. I am running Emby Server on Fedora 25 as part of an Amahi 10 installation. I am running Emby Server 3.5.3.0

Edited by plaidstallion

Please note, I am not an expert on TVHeadEnd, but in that configuration field you simply need to enter the ip address of your TV Headend server. Do you know what that is?

plaidstallion

So I'm apparently an idiot. I assumed the plug-in manager was installing the TVHeadend software for me. I even went so far as to install a competitor's product (don't worry, I'm really liking emby and I think I will stick with it) before realizing these are just interface plugins and not package installers.

Sorry about that :-/