Photo

Xbox One X + No 4K HEVC Direct Play or HDR!!!

xbox hevc 4k direct play

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 FrostByte ONLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 3599 posts
  • Local time: 08:51 AM
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:04 PM

I'm hoping the 19H1 skip ahead already has a fix for the issue.  I just haven't had the time to go back to the alpha builds on my XB1X.  Maybe someone else has it and can let us know

Display – Dolby Vision & HDR
- Fixes to the performance of Dolby Vision for the Netflix App.
- Fixes to ensure that HDR content is shown as HDR content and not SDR (Standard) content as some users were seeing in the Movies and TV app and the Netflix App.

#122 jntaylor1701 OFFLINE  

jntaylor1701

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 07:51 AM
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

I am pretty much now watching movies via DLNA with VLC for the XBOX with Emby as the source; The Movies & TV app on the Xbox is buggy.  Its ugly but it works, no stutters or freezing with 1080p or 4K movies.  (Still get to enjoy the Emby pretty with my Nvidia Shield)

I really want Emby staff to work with Microsoft to figure this out.

Edited by jntaylor1701, 28 November 2018 - 12:22 PM.

#123 Allex OFFLINE  

Allex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Local time: 12:51 AM

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

I'm hoping the 19H1 skip ahead already has a fix for the issue.  I just haven't had the time to go back to the alpha builds on my XB1X.  Maybe someone else has it and can let us know

- Fixes to ensure that HDR content is shown as HDR content and not SDR (Standard) content as some users were seeing in the Movies and TV app and the Netflix App.

Still no HDR it plays direct play in SDR

#124 FrostByte ONLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 3599 posts
  • Local time: 08:51 AM
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

Still no HDR it plays direct play in SDR

You're running the latest alpha skip ahead release, which is 19H1.04 think?

#125 jntaylor1701 OFFLINE  

jntaylor1701

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

Thought I would go back and try again with movie playback with the XBOX ONE.  No issues with 1080p flicks.  Tried watching my 4K rip of The Meg.  (We love Shark flics)  It direct played but world freeze up.  I would hot the back button, click the resume and it went right back where it stopped.  Mush have done it 8 times or so.

Attaching the server log to help.  PLEASE FIX THIS Microsoft and/or Emby.  Getting real close to getting a ROKU Ultra.

Attached Files

#126 jntaylor1701 OFFLINE  

jntaylor1701

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

Thought I would go back and try again with movie playback with the XBOX ONE.  No issues with 1080p flicks.  Tried watching my 4K rip of The Meg.  (We love Shark flics)  It direct played but world freeze up.  I would hot the back button, click the resume and it went right back where it stopped.  Mush have done it 8 times or so.

Attaching the server log to help.  PLEASE FIX THIS Microsoft and/or Emby.  Getting real close to getting a ROKU Ultra.

One more log to review.

Attached Files

#127 BurntTech OFFLINE  

BurntTech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

Not that i dont share your passion for getting the xbox one to work. Now for the roku for playing 4k content you will most undoubtedly hit unsupported audio codecs which will cause transcoding. Based on my experience the with emby 4k only one that really works is windows based htpc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox, hevc, 4k, direct play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users