Xbox One X + No 4K HEVC Direct Play or HDR!!!

utomi

So, i want to buy the premium subsricption but first of course i test the Emby Theatre on my Xbox One X. And it is working execpt one function. There is no 4k HEVC direct play and of course because of that there is no HDR. I don't know what's wrong but my server Transcoding any 4K HEVC file because : The Video resolution is not supported. But why? Can anyone help me please? 

I attached my log files. Thanks.

LOG1.txt

LOG2.txt

LOG3.txt

LOG4.txt

Ok, looks like we're incorrectly detecting that as 1080p. I'll do some testing and then get an app update out. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it will be resolved in the next app update, thanks.

Any update on this? I'm assuming this would probably solve my issue with my Xbox One X with the green screen video and fix Atmos playback since no transcoding. 

I submitted an update that removed the transcoding. Is it now direct playing?

Still transcoding it looks like. Is there a way I can confirm I’m on the lastest version of Emby on Xbox One?

Edit: looks like I see why. When I do TRUEHD 7.1 I get the green screen and it transcodes. When I do Dolby Digital 5.1 I can play video fine and it direct plays.

Edited by PaulW08

It auto updates. It might actually just be due to Atmos. We haven't added that yet for direct play. We'll look into that. In the meantime just as test, if you had for example 4k hevc Ac3 that should direct play.

That’s the case then. Can confirm direct play with AC3 works fine. Just tried it. Are you guys planning on atmos for the future?

Edited by PaulW08

It's no longer transcoding standard 4K content for me. It is however still showing a green screen when playing HDR content.

Try switching audio. Are you trying to do TRUEHD?

Guest asrequested

It auto updates. It might actually just be due to Atmos. We haven't added that yet for direct play. We'll look into that. In the meantime just as test, if you had for example 4k hevc Ac3 that should direct play.

Just a heads up on Atmos, it isn't a codec. And it isn't tied to TrueHD. I have a movie with EAC3 that has Atmos. It's metadata. So I'm not sure how you'll be able to add it as an option.

I have a issue with transcoding as well. All my 4k are aac 5.1 and 7.1 hdr l. I tried playing with 5.1 without subtitles and 7.1 without subtitles and they all transcoding. I can only get direct play if it's a 4k without HDR. I think it's HDR issue here.

This is an update with latest emby update. Now it plays all 4k in direct play but ther's no HDR on TV. I checked TV and Xbox one settings for HDR and they all turned ON. Plex plays HDR in xbox one only with 5.1 and without subtitles. Can you fix it in next release please..

When i play 4k hdr it says direct play but ther's no HDR. I tried 5.1 and 7.1 with subtitles and without. If I play no HDR 4k it plays direct play with no problems.