Xbox One X + No 4K HEVC Direct Play or HDR!!!

utomi

FrostByte

I'm assuming HDR is enabled?

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-hdr

I think he said above that HDR was already turned on both XB1 and TV

When i play 4k hdr it says direct play but ther's no HDR. I tried 5.1 and 7.1 with subtitles and without. If I play no HDR 4k it plays direct play with no problems.

Just curious how one knows that HDR isn't working.  I have an XB1X and 4K monitor which supports HDR and wanted to test.  Does it look muddy or something if HDR isn't working and video is HDR or does your TV display something

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

Just curious how one knows that HDR isn't working. I have an XB1X and 4K monitor which supports HDR and wanted to test. Does it look muddy or something if HDR isn't working and video is HDR or does your TV display something

My LG 4K TV tells me when HDR content is being played, by put a little display top RH corner of screen.

@ Can you put a sample up that we can test?

If it plays in Plex, it should play in Emby.

• Like 1

Sorry, plex it's not playing HDR either in xbox one. My bad. Apple TV 4k plays fine everything. On my Samsung TV info button tells if resolution and if it's HDR and picture is very bright if HDR is not on.

• Like 1

I tested HDR on Emby with:

Apple TV 4k - 4k HDR Direct Playing. Subtitles works.

Nvidia Shield - 4k HDR Direct playing. Subtitles works.

Samsung TV Tizen - 4k HDR Direct playing but no external subtitles suported. Sometimes buffers.

Xbox One X - 4k HDR Direct Playing under Emby Stats for nerds, no HDR. only aac 5.1 audio supported,aac 7.1 there's no audio. Subtitles works.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Luke, do you know if HDR will be fixed soon. I would like to use Emby on XBox One, as i really like the app. My collection is updating fast to 4k HDR.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay. I'll submit the update this weekend so look for it Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 2

Thank you Luke, I really like app on Xbox one with so many options to edit Movies and Subtitles. I think you should add in all apps for subtitles download option.

FrostByte

Apologies for the delay. I'll submit the update this weekend so look for it Monday or Tuesday.

Just loaded v1.1.205 from the store now

Edit: I'm going to have to play with it some more, for some reason it's transcoding all my 4K HDR which was Direct Playing sans HDR with v204

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Here's my log.  Movie Direct Played before so I'm not sure what's going on

https://pastebin.com/3iew425v

All 4K HDR is transcoding for me now.  Works fine in the Samsung app though (as long as AC3)

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

I was getting an occasional green screen with v204, can't seem to even get v205 to play without transcoding :(

FrostByte

Just loaded v206 which was released today.

4k HDR now Direct Plays again for me.  Thanks

I did noticed the TV says movies which are HDR are playing in SDR when using the XB1X.  When I play the same movie using the Samsung app v.29 the TV says the movie is playing HDR. 

Edited by FrostByte

Just loaded v206 which was released today.

4k HDR now Direct Plays again for me. Thanks

I did noticed the TV says movies which are HDR are playing in SDR when using the XB1X. When I play the same movie using the Samsung app v.29 the TV says the movie is playing HDR.

Same issue i have, Samsung TV on Emby and plex plays perfectly 4k HDR. Apple tv 4k dosent play either 4k HDR only infuse and MrMC apps. I really love Xbox one interface with downloads subtitles.
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Same issue i have, Samsung TV on Emby and plex plays perfectly 4k HDR. Apple tv 4k dosent play either 4k HDR only infuse and MrMC apps. I really love Xbox one interface with downloads subtitles.

Have you tried the Plex XB1X app also, or just the Samsung app?  Just wondering if they are having similar issues.

Have you tried the Plex XB1X app also, or just the Samsung app?  Just wondering if they are having similar issues.

I did Xbox one X plex app plays now in direct play but not in HDR for some reason its not recognizing or triggering HDR.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Thanks, maybe it's a problem with the XB1 then when streaming.

I'm sure Luke will figure it out.