Emby 3.2.70 and Mac OS 10.13.3

cookemandan

cookemandan

I replied to someone else's message in another forum about this but I ran into an issue with Mac OS 10.13.3.  I was running everything perfectly for about a week (Emby 3.2.70) until I saw the dreaded update icon on my Mac Mini.  When it was all said and done I went to open up Emby to get my TV going again and it would open and then crash within 20 seconds.  I tried like 10 reinstalls and reboots and nothing worked (even tried emptying caches). I finally after about 2 hours or so tried Emby 3.2.6 and Low and behold it worked.  

I tried to reinstall 3.2.70 again this morning and the same thing happened.  I am running 3.2.60 again now.  I wanted to Start a new thread in case any people are having the same issue that I had save an hour or two and let the developers know there is an issue with the OS update.

Edited by cookemandan
  • Like 1

casa.jflorest

Tengo el mismo problema en mi Mac Mini no me trabaja la actualización, no me deja reproducir remotamente. Sigo con la version anterior.

• 2 weeks later...
cookemandan

The two on this thread having issues are both Mac Minis. Maybe there is something that’s causing the issue that is Mini Specific.

jrcorwin

3.2.70 here with macOS 10.13.4 running on a MacMini. No issues with crashing, but I'll monitor it and report back if I see similar issues.

mireki1975

mac mini i7 late 2012, crashing instantly with 3.2.70

-> installed 3.2.60 -> all fine!

2018-02-23 13:45:40.908 Debug App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:49883

2018-02-23 13:45:40.908 Debug App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:49883
2018-02-23 13:45:40.908 Debug App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:49883
2018-02-23 13:45:40.925 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to ::1. Time: 19ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Logs
2018-02-23 13:45:40.951 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to ::1. Time: 45ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Configuration
2018-02-23 13:45:41.275 Error Main: UnhandledException
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.2.70.0
    Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Unix 17.4.0.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: /Users/reppmic/.config/emby-server
    Application directory: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Address already in use
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket..ctor(Socket socket, Int32 localPort, IPAddress ip)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(String ipAddress, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)
     at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ListenForBroadcastsAsync()
     at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.BeginListeningForBroadcasts()
     at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpDeviceLocator.<OnBroadcastTimerCallback>d__16.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
     at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket..ctor(Socket socket, Int32 localPort, IPAddress ip)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(String ipAddress, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)
     at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpDeviceLocator.<OnBroadcastTimerCallback>d__16.MoveNext()
     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

2018-02-23 13:45:41.284 Info Main: Closing tray icon
2018-02-23 13:45:41.284 Info HttpClient: POST: http://127.0.0.1:8024/exit
2018-02-23 13:45:41.296 Info Main: tray icon WaitForExit
2018-02-23 13:45:41.645 Info Main: tray icon exited

Edited by mireki1975

cookemandan

I am glad I was not the only one. Sorry you had the issue but glad you got up and running with an old version. I was beginning to think I was having other issues.

mac mini i7 late 2012, crashing instantly with 3.2.70

-> installed 3.2.60 -> all fine!

2018-02-23 13:45:40.908 Debug App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:49883

2018-02-23 13:45:40.908 Debug App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:49883

2018-02-23 13:45:40.908 Debug App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:49883

2018-02-23 13:45:40.925 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to ::1. Time: 19ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Logs

2018-02-23 13:45:40.951 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to ::1. Time: 45ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Configuration

2018-02-23 13:45:41.275 Error Main: UnhandledException

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.2.70.0

Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll

Operating system: Unix 17.4.0.0

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Processor count: 8

Program data path: /Users/reppmic/.config/emby-server

Application directory: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Address already in use

at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpDeviceLocator.d__16.MoveNext()

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpDeviceLocator.d__16.MoveNext()

2018-02-23 13:45:41.284 Info Main: Closing tray icon

2018-02-23 13:45:41.284 Info HttpClient: POST: http://127.0.0.1:8024/exit

2018-02-23 13:45:41.296 Info Main: tray icon WaitForExit

2018-02-23 13:45:41.645 Info Main: tray icon exited

This startup crash is resolved for the next release, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
webwebster

I cannot find legacy versions if the software anywhere. Emby will not run on my late 2009 iMac. The computer, otherwise exceptional, cannot run Sierra or High Sierra without a lot of problems and instability, but since reverting to 10.11 (El Capitan) everything works much better...when I can install it. EmbyServer will not run. Where are legacy versions available? I did Goggle search to no avail.

• Like 1

hstamas

I cannot find legacy versions if the software anywhere. Emby will not run on my late 2009 iMac. The computer, otherwise exceptional, cannot run Sierra or High Sierra without a lot of problems and instability, but since reverting to 10.11 (El Capitan) everything works much better...when I can install it. EmbyServer will not run. Where are legacy versions available? I did Goggle search to no avail.

I was in the same situation with my 2012 mac mini but the latest High Sierra release installed smoothly where any version before that gave me fits. Might be worth trying again.

• 10 months later...

https://github.com/M....Server.Mac.pkg

latest available for 10.11.6 (el captain)

and for android, use the 3.0.16 version to get access (or it will ask to  update the server and doesn't connect)

https://github.com/M....Server.Mac.pkg

Edited by humbs