Emby smart playlists not created nor Emby source populated

Norin
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hi,

For customizing my skin i need to use smart playlists, the thing is that emby is not creating smart playlists of my library folders and also on sources i have two Emby folders but neither of them is populated, the sources show up empty.

This is a problem because there's no other way to customize my kodi skin without the smart playlists, and without playlists or paths i cant create smart playlists.

I have kodi 17.6 and stable emby addon 2.3.62a

how can i fix this?

thanks

sualfred

Kodi's smart playlists have nothing to do with the Emby addon.

Most of the Embuary widgets are based on it.

Could you please post a example of your used playlist here?

Note:

Just to be sure -> Smart playlist won't work with EmbyCon, just with the Emby For Kodi addon.

Edited by sualfred

Kodi's smart playlists have nothing to do with the Emby addon.

Most of the Embuary widgets are based on it.

Could you please post a example of your used playlist here?

Note:

Just to be sure -> Smart playlist won't work with EmbyCon, just with the Emby For Kodi addon.

I don´t have any playlist created with Emby kodi addon... i don´t use Embycon... thats the problem i want to create playlists but i can´t.

sualfred

Sorry, that's not helpful.

What is not working?

How does your playlist look like?

A valid example is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Random movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <limit>15</limit>
    <order direction="descending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

(https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists)

Angelblue05

You can try to refresh playlists and video nodes by launching the emby for kodi add-on > refresh playlists and video nodes.

Provide your kodi log of you doing that, if they still don't get created...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sualfred

Just read the wiki I wrote above. Smartplaylists are working fine. They are a internal Kodi database feature and aren't handled by the Emby addon. 

Sorry, I do not provide any further support since you have blacklisted addons installed. Clean your system, remove the illegal addons and we can talk again. 

It's not only that these crap provider plugins are illegal, they are also often the root of strange issues like yours.

(blacklisted addons: https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons)

Angelblue05

You should really remove all the crap that's loaded on your Kodi. I think I found the issue, so thanks for your posting your log. The file extension is missing for playlists.

Hey loosen up...

I have two addons which where previously official addons... so i don´t know at what addons you are saying that is crap because seriously i don´t have that many crap or trash installed... except one addon that was official until a few months ago.

And i really understand your concern about that so iam gonna complie....what i didn´t like and can't relate is because i don´t even have shitty repos installed and lots off banned addons and ones that never were official... my installation is clean except that triggering addon.

You should try a more polite way to phrase that i have an installation with one banned addon which was official.

And besides that, accessing copies of work via peer to peer for private and personal use in my country was not considered a crime.

source:
http://www.dgsi.pt/jtrc.nsf/c3fb530030ea1c61802568d9005cd5bb/a67b13b71f10a3828025786c0049150c?OpenDocument

here is my log without Q and tubi.tv addon (free and legal movie site)... i hope big star movies is not a banned addon... because the site is free, alongside crackle, snagfilms and popcornflix, so iam practically a saint and go through everchanging kodi rules.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26527253/

the problem persists...

i still appreciate your help as always

Edited by Norin

• Solution
Angelblue05

@@Norin

As I stated above, the missing extension for playlists is most likely the issue.

I'll provide you a test build, run the refresh playlist and video nodes task again. Let me know if it works then, thank you.

plugin.video.emby-3.0.9a.zip

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, your test build solved the playlists issue.

But sources/files still appear empty, the Emby source/files folder appears empty.

This is just for your knowledge if you want to fix it in the future for new addon builds, i  now can manage and customize my setup.

thanks once again.

Angelblue05

Thank you for confirming.

If you are talking about the two Emby video sources, they are dummy sources to make Masterlock work. The add-on adds content directly to database, sources are not used nor needed.

Edited by Angelblue05

hum ok, so they are not doing anything... i thought like in previous versions it would also show content, maybe iam wrong and it was never like that.

thanks a lot :)

• Like 1