Emby not available after QNAP restart

schogobong
Go to solution Solved by lcutts,

schogobong

Hi everybody,

I am pretty happy with my QNAP-Emby-Kodi combination and after some initial I got most of it to work just fine. There is just one issue that I still was not able to find a solution to. I have regular restarts scheduled in my QNAP power schedule - every Sunday morning at 2a.m.

It seems that everytime after my QNAP restarts, I am not able to reach my Emby server and I have to manually stop and start emby in my QNAP App Center. This is not the biggest issue out there but it sure is annoying to do that every week.

It seems that similar issues also show up with Plex (e.g. https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/137659/plex-server-wont-start-automatically-after-nas-boots-after-power-failure ). Unfortunately I am not sure, how I am able to transfer the knowledge from Plex to Emby or if it is even the same issue at all.

Does anybody have any ideas why I have to manually restart my Emby server everytime I restart my NAS?

Thanks for your help!

schogobong

QNAP TS-431P

Most current Emby version from the QNAPClub store

Edited by schogobong

schogobong

Thanks for your reply Luke!

The thing is, the app is actually running,the server just doesn't seem to be. Or at least it can't be reached.

I literally have to shut down the app manually first so that I can restart it.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds to me like you might be trying to start the server before the QNAP's network services are finished initializing. That prevents Emby's http server from starting and therefore you have to restart it. Does that sound right?

schogobong

I actually wouldn't know to be honest. It is just a normal restart. Is there a need (and if so a possibility) to delay the start of certain "applications" such as emby?

There needs to be some minimal network stack available in order to bind the http server, so from that standpoint, yes.

schogobong

Not at all. All I did was install the App, which just starts whenever my QNAP starts up. It always says that Emby is running.

• 1 month later...
schogobong

Hil lcutts,

Thanks for your info! I installed the application on my NAS. When opening it it takes me to NAS:8080/SortMyQPKGs.log

Is there anything that I need to do other than installing it or does it take care of the sorting itself in the background?

• 2 weeks later...
OneCD

Hi @@schogobong, I decided to sign-up here and answer your question myself.  :D

Is there anything that I need to do other than installing it or does it take care of the sorting itself in the background?

It's completely automated, so there's nothing you need to do.

The package icon 'open' button in the App Center just shows the last 10 logged operations (I had to provide a way for people to see what was going on in case they needed assistance).

Edited by OneCD
  • Like 1

schogobong

Hi OneCD,

Thank you for your reply and for writing that app! Now I can finally re-enable my power plan :)

All the best, shogobong

• 5 months later...
PenkethBoy

@@Luke

Not sure what "this" is

do i use OneCD SortMyQPKG - no - mainly because i have very few other packages on my NAS - so its essentially a file server and Emby

and have no need of it.

Others who have lots of packages will need it to order the start up of packages as the default setup can be a bit random on what order it loads packages in.

Just restarted my NAS and Emby starts up fine and works as expected (this is with .51 as behind on updating)

schogobong

@@Luke

Not sure what "this" is

do i use OneCD SortMyQPKG - no - mainly because i have very few other packages on my NAS - so its essentially a file server and Emby

and have no need of it.

Others who have lots of packages will need it to order the start up of packages as the default setup can be a bit random on what order it loads packages in.

Just restarted my NAS and Emby starts up fine and works as expected (this is with .51 as behind on updating)

It's the same for me. Just a file server + Emby. I pretty much only use Emby, QVPN, Download Station, and Emby (+ Qmono + ffmpeg). But I still experienced this issue.