Segmentation Fault when I click on Movies

DDock3287

DDock3287

I added a few new movies recently and now whenever I click on Movies, I get a Segmentation Fault and then shutdown. It will run just fine up till then. I can click into every other section, just Movies is affected.

Segmentation fault
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Any thoughts how to troubleshoot this. I did notice that one of the new movies does not have any art to it, so I am wondering if it is dealing with that?

I did end up removing the BoxArt and Cover Art plugins, but that didn't help. The only plugin I have now is the Trailers one.

Edited by DDock3287

DDock3287

I figured out what it was after awhile. Looks like the bug where you have to turn off Real Time Monitoring. Once I turned that off, everything seems to be working fine again.

I'm not sure how to mark it solved, if you could please.

Edited by DDock3287

DDock3287

Found this reply while searching for segmentation faults in this thread: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53349-emby-stops-on-ds718/?hl=%2Bsegmentation+%2Bfault&do=findComment&comment=517972

Hello @@its.philipp

Out of interest, how large is your library? We appear to be running into a segmentation fault [sIGSEGV] whilst the library is being scanned.

I would suggest (for now) disabling real-time monitoring for your library(s) and see if that improves the situation.

You can find this setting under  Manage Server -> Library -> [your library name] -> Manage Folders -> Uncheck Enable real time monitoring.

Let us know how you get on...

Best

- James

Figured it couldn't hurt, so I tried it and it stopped shutting down when I went to access the Movies section. 

Edited by DDock3287

• 2 weeks later...
DDock3287

Well the segmentation error has started back up again. I tried turning off the "Real Time Monitoring" on all folders, but it is still crashing. Any suggestions. Here is the end of the log just before it does it.

Info App: Sqlite compiler options: COMPILER=gcc-6.3.0,ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA,ENABLE_DBSTAT_VTAB,ENABLE_FTS3,ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS,ENABLE_FTS3_TOKENIZER,ENABLE_FTS5,ENABLE_JSON1,ENABLE_PREUPDATE_HOOK,ENABLE_RTREE,ENABLE_SESSION,ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY,ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT,LIKE_DOESNT_MATCH_BLOBS,MAX_SCHEMA_RETRY=25,MAX_VARIABLE_NUMBER=250000,OMIT_LOOKASIDE,SECURE_DELETE,THREADSAFE=1
Info App: Default journal_mode for /config/data/sync14.db is wal
Info App: PRAGMA synchronous=1
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Sync.SyncManagerEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0182591 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Sync.SyncNotificationEntryPoint
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Sync.SyncNotificationEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0007771 seconds
Info App: All entry points have started
Segmentation fault
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

DDock3287

Autoboxset has created collections automatically. I have not created any manually. Shall I try and remove it and see if that fixes the issue?

I'd actually like you to remove both the plugin as well as the collections that it has created. i think the folder containing the collections should be at:

/config/data/collections

Thanks.