Keeps syncing and synching

chjohans

This is great news. My machines could handle the refreshes with no issue, but it's been more of an annoyance than anything seeing the notifications all the time.

chjohans

Is version 3.2.70.15 beta the version with this fix or is the fix not released to beta yet?

I guess and hope the fix is not in this beta as my syncing problem remains in this beta version.

Please advise which beta version has the sync fix, thanks.

When you do get the next update it may still happen for one more library scan. But then after that it will hopefully be resolved. Thanks.

• Like 1

chjohans

It sure would have been nice to get a heads up when the beta was posted, anyhow I just installed the 3.2.70.16 beta. The first thing I noticed is that my library scan now is much faster. It used to take somewhere between 12-14 minutes, this time it took 3m 31secs. I ran the library scan again to confirm and the second time the scan time was about the same too.

Second thing I noticed is that my log is still only 242 KB in size after running the server for about 30 minutes and two library scans, with the "constant synching behavior" it would have have grown considerably by now.

When checking my server log for syncs I find some but very few, nothing like before.

It's a bit too early to conclude after running the beta server for less than an hour, but this looks much better and I *think* the issue has been resolved. Will report back in a few hours.

Edited by chjohans

chjohans

I'm pretty sure the "sync bug" has been fixed, after running the server for 2+ hours my log only show a few syncs. With the previous versions it would have shown literally hundreds of syncs by now.

I upgraded both my servers to confirm and both are behaving well now. I also notice the improved library scan times on both servers.

One small issue tho, it might or might not be related to changes made. I notice on both servers that the BlurN plugin is not working, meaning BlurN is not showing up under "My Media". I see no error messages related to Blurn in the server log, and according the the log the BlurN plugin is being loaded.

Another probably totally unrelated issue: I do not have any "channels" installed but the default Scheduled task "Refresh channels" now fail with the error message: Refresh channels failed. Value does not fall within the expected range.

Edited by chjohans

chjohans

I think I can conclude that this bug has been fixed now, thanks a million :=)

Also a very nice side effect (unless there was another change in the current beta that caused this) is that library scans are now *a lot* faster.

A library scan for my library with 300+ Movies, 180+ TV Shows (9000+ episodes) used to take +/- 13 minutes, not it takes consistently between 3 and 4 minutes.

• Like 1

Elguapo361

I have had a rather busy few days, so haven't had a chance to respond. But it appears the issue has been resolved with the .16 update. My syncs are very quick once again. I have not seen any unexplained syncs anymore.

Much appreciation for all the effort in tracking it down.

Out of curiosity what was the issue?

• Like 1

chjohans

Thanks for the feedback. It was only affecting videos with multiple external subtitles.

That figures, I have a lot of those :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Please try again with the 3.4 release of Emby Server. Thanks !