ca-ignore

berrick

berrick

Hi everyone.

Does CoverArt still support the ca-ignore tag so it doesn't treat an image in a folder?

Reason for asking is I have a folder which is still receiving a CA treatment even though it has ca-ignore in its .xml file

TIA

berrick

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but the ca-ignore tag isn't being saved?

• On the server I'm selecting the pencil icon (metadata manager)
  • browsing to the folder in question and highlighting it. 
  • Select Metadata tab
  • Click the + sign next to tags
  • enter ca-ignore in the field now exposed
  • click the + to the right of this field
  • click save

That sounds like the right procedure but I seem to recall something about tags changing recently.  What is the type of the item in question?  Maybe tags are no longer supported for it... @@Luke?

it's possible the type doesn't have tags but is still showing in the editor. in any event, this may not be the greatest approach as we're going to get tag browsing/filtering into the web client soon which means you're going to start seeing that value.

Maybe a better option is locking images for that item. it's in the locked fields list.

berrick

Thanks both.

ahhh, this has a DisplayMediaType of folder so i'm guessing this doesn't have tags?

So in the short term I can't get CA to ignore the folder but eventually this will be achievable? 

Edited by berrick

• 5 years later...
horstepipe

it's possible the type doesn't have tags but is still showing in the editor. in any event, this may not be the greatest approach as we're going to get tag browsing/filtering into the web client soon which means you're going to start seeing that value.

Maybe a better option is locking images for that item. it's in the locked fields list.

@@Luke

where do I find tag browsing/filtering in web app or android app?