LG App Observations

CBers

Paul77nz

I live in central Canada, GMT -6 and the TV is set for and displays GMT -6. Emby is showing GMT -5.  If I manually change the TV to any other time zone the TV displays the correct time for that time zone but Emby continues to display GMT -5.  I also noticed there is about a 40 second delay from the time the minute display on the TV changes till the minute display on Emby changes. For example if the TV time changes from 1:22 to 1:23 it takes about 40 seconds till the Emby time updates to 2:23.

@@Gibber so is Emby showing the correct time for your region, but not adjusting it for daylight saving?

Gibber

@@Gibber so is Emby showing the correct time for your region, but not adjusting it for daylight saving?

The time Emby shows would be correct if the region I am in observed DST but we do not. 

Luke, would it be difficult to add a setting to the app for time zone that the user could manually select?

Well yes that is possible, but only a last resort as many will never discover the setting and just dismiss it as not working.

Paul77nz

I'll be interested to see what happens when daylight saving kicks in in my region, but that's not until the end of September.

Ultroman

The SPOTLIGHT area is completely redundant in this day and age, as it just doesn't add anything to the user experience.

THIS!

Can it be made so that it somehow pieces together the setup for each library, by using the Home Screen library settings from the server?

CBers

THIS!

Can it be made so that it somehow pieces together the setup for each library, by using the Home Screen library settings from the server?

Change your view to VERTICAL mode.

• Like 1

Ultroman

Change your view to VERTICAL mode.

I want to, but I don't see the option in the browser => Burger-menu => Settings => Display. Some other post said to look there.

It's not in the LG app, but you can change the setting using the web app from another machine with:

http://tv.emby.media

Then once you change it there, then restart the LG app.

• Like 1

CBers

I want to, but I don't see the option in the browser => Burger-menu => Settings => Display. Some other post said to look there.

Yes, do as Luke has stated and it will be reflected on the LG app.

I'd never go back to the other view now.

• Like 1

Emby for LG 1.09 has been released. Stay tuned for the announcement about it on the blog. Thanks everyone.

Ultroman

On tv.emby.media I have selected three views: Continue Watching, Next Up and My Media. When starting the app, and sometimes when pressing back to the Home Screen, the selector starts on My Media, even though it is not the top view. In my case it is the third view, and thus off-screen.

Edited by Ultroman

On tv.emby.media I have selected three views: Continue Watching, Next Up and My Media. When starting the app, and sometimes when pressing back to the Home Screen, the selector starts on My Media, even though it is not the top view. In my case it is the third view, and thus off-screen.

Ok I'll try that out, thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
phoenix4

@@Luke, I just checked and the time zone settings are correct... BUT... I just loaded the Emby app and the time is now correct again!

I am in NZ so GMT+12, and Emby app is currently displaying GMT+12. However as described in the other thread, if I now change the TV time zone (e.g. to GMT+6) the Emby app remains as GMT+12. This isn't an issue for me as long as it is displaying the correct time, but it means I don't know how Emby is determining the timezone it is using.

I'd be interested to know what timezone it is displaying for other users. I'm not sure if the problem is actually fixed, or whether it is displaying GMT+12 now for everyone?

I'm also on 3.00.90 on the OLED C8. Yesterday the time was correct, today it's showing two hours behind the TV time. Time zone is +10 so it's effectively showing +8.

Fernando

It is a platform defect LG has acknowledged to us. We may have to hide the clock.

#2 - Video is 4k but app interfaces might run in 1080p on your device. Unfortunately this is another thing that's hard for us to detect so we might just have to hide it to avoid confusion.

Could you take the time from the server instead the TV? If not, you should eliminate the "end at" info too :-(

That would be a last resort as that won't work if you're playing a different time zone than the server.

• 4 weeks later...
Ultroman

When an episode ends, and you either let it continue to the next one automatically, or use the nifty pop-up to skip to the next episode, all the player buttons stop working, except for the back button. I have to go back and manually find the correct episode, and start it using the resume button, before they work again.

When an episode ends, and you either let it continue to the next one automatically, or use the nifty pop-up to skip to the next episode, all the player buttons stop working, except for the back button. I have to go back and manually find the correct episode, and start it using the resume button, before they work again.

Please re-evaluate that with the next release of the app. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Ultroman

I am now on 1.09, and the problem persists, but only when using the "Start now" pop-up at the end of a show. The whole player UI doesn't show up, only the title at the top.

To be clear, it now works fine, if I just let the episode run until the end so it automatically switches to the next episode.

Edited by Ultroman

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
jonathanp

Cannot see this mentioned... In the LG WebOS app, in the live TV guide, the program image and synopsis is off the bottom of the page and obscured. 

LG TV WebOS 5.80.35

Emby 1.0.15 

post-486489-0-94123300-1562534912_thumb.jpg

Cannot see this mentioned... In the LG WebOS app, in the live TV guide, the program image and synopsis is off the bottom of the page and obscured. 

LG TV WebOS 5.80.35

Emby 1.0.15 

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.

Jarramplas

Hi, is it possible to add the director option to the movies, so wee can search all movies by director? This is possible in the Android app but not in the LG. And would be nice if we could search by country as well. Thanks!