LG App Observations

CBers

I have v1.0.4 of the app installed on the TV and it doesn't show additional parts of a multipart movie.  I believe I have the naming correct as the additional parts show up on my iPad.

Hi, this just hasn't been implemented yet. We will get there, but for the the best experience possible consider joining the files. Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
NovaBiele

I've also noticed on my TV  two odd behaviors....

1-The Emby app doesn't display the time correctly.  I'm in the NY time zone (UTC-04:00) and the TV is set correctly, but there seems do be an offset 4 hour offset--maybe displaying UTC time instead?

2-The 'stats for nerds' popup always says "player dimensions 1920x1080".  It displays the content resolution correctly and I swear my 4K videos are being displayed in 4K, but I haven't had much time nor do I have much content to truly test it.  Is this a known issue?

TV model is OLED65B7A with the app downloaded just a few days ago--not sure how to check the version.

Thanks!

CBers

@Luke/@ebr - any update when LG will release Emby's latest version for LG TVs please ??

The current version was released in December 2017 and there are loads of bugs in it.

Thanks.

1-The Emby app doesn't display the time correctly.  I'm in the NY time zone (UTC-04:00) and the TV is set correctly, but there seems do be an offset 4 hour offset--maybe displaying UTC time instead?

It is a platform defect LG has acknowledged to us. We may have to hide the clock.

#2 - Video is 4k but app interfaces might run in 1080p on your device. Unfortunately this is another thing that's hard for us to detect so we might just have to hide it to avoid confusion.

CBers

When watching a video, when you stop during playback, you are returned to the details page, but there is no RESUME icon, until you back out and re-enter.

When here is a RESUME icon, there is not resume time information like there is in the Android TV app.

If you press PLAY, I would have expected it to offer the option to RESUME or start from the beginning, but no.

During playback, there is no way of displaying the synopsis, like there is in the Android TV app.

There is no way of closing the OSD, so you have to wait for 5 seconds for it to close. In the Android TV app, you just press back and it closes it.

The above still all applies in v1.06.

Ceten

Emby for LG 1.06 has just been released. Please try it out. Thanks !

Great, I'm away during the weekend but will try to do some testing next week!

CBers

Just found that external SRT subtitles don't display either, where they do in the Android TV app.

External SRT subtitles now appear to work.

CBers

If you allow the next episode to play, there are no controls or OSD available.

You can only back out and then start again, which allows the controls and OSD to be available.

Still the same in v1.06.

CBers

When selecting an episode from the library, there's no way of marking an item as watched/unwatched.

In fact, you can't do anything, as as soon as you press select, it starts playing instead of opening the details page.

Still the same in v1.06.

andyblac644

Still the same in v1.06.

opens here but takes about 30 seconds if you press ok twice due to impatience it does start playing. i find this app pretty useless on WebOS2 tv's, that a real shame, guess i will have to stay with the appletv

CBers

Luke - what does this mean?

"Reason for transcoding: Audio track switching not supported"

I'm not trying to switch tracks, so why is the app doing this?

And because of transcoding, you lose HDR.

This version of the app is no better than the previous one.

A good try, but could do better :)

Luke - what does this mean?

"Reason for transcoding: Audio track switching not supported"

I'm not trying to switch tracks, so why is the app doing this?

And because of transcoding, you lose HDR.

This version of the app is no better than the previous one.

A good try, but could do better :)

It means you've selected a secondary audio track. There's no api in LG to handle this in the app directly so we have to do it with transcoding.

CBers

It means you've selected a secondary audio track. There's no api in LG to handle this in the app directly so we have to do it with transcoding.

I didn't choose anything, you can't pre-select as it crashes the app (see above).

shocker

One user reported that the search functionality is not solved on the new version as well.

Can anyone else confirm if the search is solved on 1.06?

shocker

There is no search functionality. Or this was not planned for this release (I had the impression that it is)?

It's hidden due to the level of difficulty we've had with the LG review process. Now that we have a few releases under our belts, we can begin to gradually expose more features that are available on other platforms.

shocker

It's hidden due to the level of difficulty we've had with the LG review process. Now that we have a few releases under our belts, we can begin to gradually expose more features that are available on other platforms.

Thank you for the feedback!

If you look at Emby Theater desktop or the web at http://tv.emby.media

You'll notice it has lots of great settings and menu options available. To be able to expose them in the LG app means we have to be able to get them through the review process. So now we can start picking and choosing what to make available with each new submission. 

• 2 weeks later...
NovaBiele

It is a platform defect LG has acknowledged to us. We may have to hide the clock.

#2 - Video is 4k but app interfaces might run in 1080p on your device. Unfortunately this is another thing that's hard for us to detect so we might just have to hide it to avoid confusion.

The clock & timing issue seems to have been resolved with the 1.06 release. Thanks!

NovaBiele

I didn't choose anything, you can't pre-select as it crashes the app (see above).

I had this issue with a few of my media files.  I had a suspicion and it turned out to be correct.  The files had multiple languages for audio/subtitles in the container.  I re-muxed them including only the tacks i wanted ('eng') and the files direct-played without any issue.

my guess is my emby 'default' language wasn't the same as the container default so either the server or client was trying to switch tracks and the player didnt like that so the server just transcoded.

• 5 weeks later...
CBers

Any news on the next release of this app please?

Has one been submitted to LG for review?