Feature Request for Browsing Photos

Der-Gute

Der-Gute

Hi there,

Currently testing Emby and have to say: Good Alternative to Plex. 

There are two things im missing:

1: Photo Timeline.

A View of all photos not sorted by folders. A Scrollable Timeline would  to navigate.

2: Show Photos by specific days:

In Amazon photos i have a great function, that changed my behaviour for watching photos:

Watch photos that were taken exactly 1 year ago or 2 or 3 or.... 

Both Requests offer the ability to not only browse photos by browsing folders. You get photo recommendations. Whats better than watching photos of your kids 3 years ago?:)

From my understanding it could be done by making a Select Statement each day that dynamically updates the year folders.

I think it would be Great!

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Since someone raised photos....

It would be really good to be able to browse and filter photos by metadata. Photo metadata fields well defined (see https://www.photometadata.org/META-Resources-Field-Guide-to-Metadata ) and being able to browse / filter by dates / keywords / captions / locations etc. would put Emby streets ahead of any competitors. Just being able to browse by keyword would give a huge benefit to those of us with tagged photo collections, and adding in more metadata fields gives opportunities to deliver further capabilities, whether in the core product or in plugins - browse photos by location on a map, for example. 

I know you guys have a lot to work on and Emby is a great product already, but you might want to consider this generally - I made a similar comment on movie / tv metadata in a thread here and a request for ebook metadata in another thread here. I'm not sure how you've engineered the current database backend to handle media metadata and the search / filter front end to utilise it - hopefully there would be a way to expand on both in an open ended way that can pull in more detail and make it available to users. That would be awesome :-)

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, popy said:

+1 for this.
Also a simple sharing button on albumbs/collections would be great

Hi.  Please post new ideas in a new request.  However, this request already exists and, I'm not sure exactly where you want to share these but doing things like that to public sites (like social media) opens up a huge can of of worms.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that google has decided to kill unlimited backups for google photos I would love to ditch it and use emby instead. Ordering by date taken should be an easy (is anything easy?) start. +1

LiquidFX

I have started moving all of my Google Photos to my home server, I would love to see the photo side developed a bit more. Being able to rotate an image on screen would be a nice feature as well.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
vonstorch

Yes, I would agree. An overhaul of the photos using all the given metadata pictures have in them. Organizing and streaming slideshows based on the metadata would be awesome.