Playback issues over 4G (inoperable) - 2.9.82

speedingcheetah

Pkanarki

Hi

I my mobile provider is Telenor in Denmark.

Luke:

I installed the android app you linked to, but the problem is the exactly the same. The folder for logs is empty, so it looks like it is not creating a log.

I then for test tried to use my local wifi and surprisingly the problem is the same on wifi, using huawei honor 6 and huawei honor 9.

I also have android lenovo tablet, android 5.0, which directplays fine over wifi.

How can i get the android app to create a log? I can see older logfiles on my lenovotablet. But none are created on huawei-phones

Emby server(version 3.3.1.0)log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5017b1ynp1zcze/2018-03-07%2012_0EmbyServerLog.doc?dl=0

I have a Huawei Nexus 6P and I'm experiencing similar issues with the latest version of the app. Stuttering, buffering, unsynced audio on both WiFi and 4G. Downgrading to 2.9.76 solved every problem. Server running in Docker on Ubuntu 16.04. No issues on any other devices.

Do you need anything from me?

hi @@spenserx, assuming armv7, can you please try this version of the app:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxser18q8j7pk0j/MediaBrowser.Mobile-googlearmv7-log-release.apk?dl=0

And then provide a log from the app. You can learn how to obtain an app log here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/15638-how-to-report-an-android-problem/

Thanks.

Hi

I my mobile provider is Telenor in Denmark.

Luke:

I installed the android app you linked to, but the problem is the exactly the same. The folder for logs is empty, so it looks like it is not creating a log.

I then for test tried to use my local wifi and surprisingly the problem is the same on wifi, using huawei honor 6 and huawei honor 9.

I also have android lenovo tablet, android 5.0, which directplays fine over wifi.

How can i get the android app to create a log? I can see older logfiles on my lenovotablet. But none are created on huawei-phones

Emby server(version 3.3.1.0)log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5017b1ynp1zcze/2018-03-07%2012_0EmbyServerLog.doc?dl=0

hi @@Pkanarki, that log is from the server. what i'm looking for is a log from the app using the instructions from my link above. thanks.

speedingcheetah

For those who think they are having the same issue as I posted about here.....video streaming issues when on 4G LTE only.   (works fine over wifi)

Remember, to try setting your video stream quality to at 480p,  then try 720p 1mbps.

If it plays on those settings and not any higher, then you are probably experiencing the carrier throttling of the MPV video stream that I am.

If you have different results to this, (like playback issues are happening on your local wifi aswell), then you have different issue and should post to a different thread.

Also, @@Luke.  I too tired that dropbox app version you posted. It does not produce logs for me on Android. Folder is empty.

Edited by speedingcheetah

Pkanarki

I downgraded to android version 2.9.76, as post #50 by spenserx. Then everything runs well ,transcoding and or direct play, on both local wifi and 4G LTE.

dropbox app version Luke posted. Does not produce logs for me on Android. Folder is empty.

• 3 weeks later...
speedingcheetah

Certainly a LTE carrier throttleing issue for me. (Sprint)

I recently activated a Nexus 5X as a spare phone on Republic Wireless. (tmobile MVNO)

The current Store version (2.9.92) of Emby streams fine. 

Same app version on my Sprint phone....no joy.

I don't think there would be any way to log this happening. As its on the incoming network side that this throttling is happening.

Edited by speedingcheetah