Incorrect Posters

Sarithz

I suppose it’s possible that it’s a beta tvOS issue. Any chance you can try on 11.2.5? Is everyone that’s having this problem running the tvOS 11.3 beta?

Ok, I have four atv4 so I set them all up differently  

tvOS 11.2.5 with Emby ATV beta 1.1.13 seems to be fine.  Seems to populate posters faster

tvOS 11.2.5 with Emby ATV 1.1.11 seems to be fine. Seems to populate posters faster

tvOS beta 11.3 with Emby ATV 1.1.11 TV show posters jumbled and genre images jumbled for both Movies and TV series.  Sometimes populates posters slow or some remain black.

tvOS beta 11.3 with Emby ATV beta 1.1.13 posters jumbled if a little slow in populating posters and scroll down.  Genre posters jumbled. Sometimes populates posters slow or some remain black until I scroll down.

All are wired network connections.  I'll play with them some more tomorrow and see if I get anything different since this has been somewhat hard to reproduce consistently.

• Like 1

Thanks for clearing this up @Eben, that this is a tvOS beta issue only.

Now devs have some time until march to fix the Emby app, when the expected stable release is for tvOS 11.3.

Thanks for clearing this up @Eben, that this is a tvOS beta issue only.

Now devs have some time until march to fix the Emby app, when the expected stable release is for tvOS 11.3.

Well, first we'd have to know what the problem is.  This information suggests it is a problem in the OS so I guess we can hope they fix it before release.  Otherwise we may have to scramble to work around it.

jrcorwin

Can anyone else confirm they're on 11.3? Thanks.

I just updated to the newest tvOS dev beta (11.3 beta 3) and I am running the TestFlight version of the Emby app...all of my posters are now back to normal. They are no longer jumbled. I had already been running the tvOS Emby beta, so this correction of the posters issue seems to have been fixed by going from the 2nd beta to the 3rd. 

Edited by jrcorwin

It is unfortunate that in the case of the user above that this Apple platform defect actually caused someone to leave Emby.

I just updated to the newest tvOS dev beta (11.3 beta 3) and I am running the TestFlight version of the Emby app...all of my posters are now back to normal. They are no longer jumbled. I had already been running the tvOS Emby beta, so this correction of the posters issue seems to have been fixed by going from the 2nd beta to the 3rd. 

That's great news! Thanks for sharing.

I left because of the issue plus when I reinstalled the Emby server on my mac mini nothing would play. I am not that all knowledgeable with computers and don't think I should have to find and muck around with files to get it to work. Computer programs should be designed for old fools like me.

Well, stay away than from the beta channels, that is for testing purposes only. One can expect bugs if they are on a beta channel, where new features are implemented by Devs and tested by volunteers users, so don't complain and go back to stable release channel.

I completely don't understand why someone, who is not a Dev, would like to have a beta tvOS on the Apple TV, for a device that mainly serves as a media player, if it's well known that they can expect unexpected behavior of apps due to the beta tvOS, besides voluntary testing.

Edited by Senna

Sarithz

Sorry, I’ve been away for a while, but wanted to thank all those who helped on this puzzle. Emby is a great app and the devs and community are just awesome. I’ve been a supporter since the MediaBrowser days and just want to let you know how much your hard work and diligence is appreciated. I’m a part time Apple developer on the side, so understand how hard it can be with getting an app to perform on one platform, let alone all that Emby has been made to work with.

Thanks so much to all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk