Incorrect Posters

Sarithz

I guess I spoke too soon.  I do see posters jumbled in the Apple TV test flight version in the all movies view as well after restarting the app.

After playing with it some more and restarting, if I click on Movies just after the app starts the ALL view has posters jumbled and after a while I checked the collections tab and all the posters were correct.  After restarting again I waited a while - a few minutes before going to Movies and then the all tab showed movies correctly and the collections tab did as well.

Edit:

After trying to reproduce this some more it seems to be working correctly now nothing jumbled.  Strange.

Edited by Eben

After trying ebr’s suggestion, I still have the issues. I even deleted the app from the AppleTV and reinstalled to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sarithz

After trying ebr’s suggestion, I still have the issues. I even deleted the app from the AppleTV and reinstalled to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, we're looking into it, thanks.

Same here. The issue continues after a scratch rebuild by the server host. I’ve reset the atv 4 to factory and reinstalled emby. Still no joy.

Can you guys that are consistently seeing this please force-restart your app and see if it goes away?

Thanks.

I have forced an app restart at least a dozen times, restarted the Apple TV a bunch, deleted and reinstalled the app several times, rebooted my modem and router, and had the host completely rebuild their library (cuz he’s cool like that). The host sent me a new invite to the fresh instance of emby on their server. What I haven’t done is delete my emby account and create a new one, or replace the modem. The modem is three years old and may be dropping connection periodically for a few seconds. Not sure if that could create an issue.

I have forced an app restart at least a dozen times, restarted the Apple TV a bunch, deleted and reinstalled the app several times, rebooted my modem and router, and had the host completely rebuild their library (cuz he’s cool like that). The host sent me a new invite to the fresh instance of emby on their server. What I haven’t done is delete my emby account and create a new one, or replace the modem. The modem is three years old and may be dropping connection periodically for a few seconds. Not sure if that could create an issue.

You force restarted it after I asked you to above?

I asked you to do that because we made a change in the app and I want to see if it has any impact on this issue.

Thanks.

My bad. Forced a restart and the issue persists but looks a little different for me now. Thumbs are still loading mismatched, but now the thumbs for several titles remain white insteading of loading a thumb at all. When I select a white thumbed title then exit it, it loads a mismatched thumb. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also noticed that when I select a title and view the cast and crew, a couple of cast/crew photos will load while some remain black. When I select a black thumbed person, view their page, then return to cast and crew. All of the photos, including the ones that were previously black, populate. The mismatched thumbs is also effecting cast and crew photos.

Also noticed that when I select a title and view the cast and crew, a couple of cast/crew photos will load while some remain black. When I select a black thumbed person, view their page, then return to cast and crew. All of the photos, including the ones that were previously black, populate. The mismatched thumbs is also effecting cast and crew photos.

This is not related and you will see the same behavior in other apps the first time you load up any given person.  The images are requested on demand so may take a bit to completely load in.

I have the same problem incorrect posters. Images are correct in server on my MacMini wrong on my Apple TV4.

Paid for Premiere. This app is crap if the issue cannot be fixed. I paid by PayPal so I should be able to get my money back.

Hey @@Bucky49

I’m one of the devs and I’m sorry to hear you’re having this problem as well. Unfortunately I, as well as none of the devs, have been unable to repeat this problem on our hardware.

Would you be able to provide additional details that would help us troubleshoot this please? Are all posters incorrect or is it only certain media types such as TV shows or movies? Are they incorrect on all screens or certain ones? If specific ones which? Finally, what model Apple TV do you have and what version of tvOS are you running?

Thanks!

Some of the TV shows are incorrect. A lot of the movies are incorrect. I have the latest Apple TV 4 update for Australia it is tvOS11.3. All the posters are showing up OK in the server. All show up OK using Emby as the backend server for MRMC. I'm using a Mac mini (2011) with High Sierra as the OS. Some of the files are AVI, others MKV, MP4 and M4V there is no correlation between file type and wrong posters. I have deleted Emby both app and server re-installed and everything else I can think of. None of the incorrect files will play in Emby, however, will with MRMC. There is something definitely wrong with the Emby Apple TV app. It was downloaded from Apple Australia.

Loaded the Emby app onto the Apple TV in the bedroom. Posters all appear correct, however, nothing plays, keep getting fail to load warning. Oh well I still have Plex and I will give Emby the boot and get my money back through PayPal. You guys need to get your shit together before marketing a system that doesn't work.

Luke I am sorry but I am of the belief that when one gets a piece of software for a particular operating system or app for a particular device that it should work. Not all of us are computer engineers/experts who can fault find or debug software. I buy and use Apple because it works. Unfortunately Apple is lately allowing unproven products available on their app stores. I may try Emby again once the bugs have been ironed out. I don't have the time to waste any longer.

Even if you opt for a refund, taking a minute to gather the requested information would still be appreciated because we can use that data to see what happened and what needs to be improved. Thanks.

Just forced a restart and no change for me. Thought I’d mention that even though the thumbs are being mixed up when viewing Continue Watching, Latest Movies, All Movies and so on, once I select a title all of the correct information is displayed and the file plays fine. Also, when I select a title to display its description, sometimes just its name displays on the right and sometimes the actual poster appears, and the correct poster appears even when the “All Movies” thumb is wrong. Hope that’s not too confusing, I just woke up.

Yeah, we suspect that this is a memory issue on the device because we've seen similar behavior on iOS but, since we cannot reproduce on our devices we're not sure.

How much do you have installed and/or running on the Apple TV at the time?

The only things I have installed on the Apple TV are Plex, MRMC, Netflix and 4 Australian TV apps. The only apps running at the time of using Emby was Emby. No other apps have problems.

i'm on the latest beta for TvOS (Apple TV 4 32gb), the beta Emby for Apple TV, latest stable server for windows and I randomly see this.  I do notice that if I go to movies and to the collections tab, I see the jumbled posters when there are some blank posters in the first few rows that don't populate.  They only populate once I start to scroll down but with incorrect posters and then the posters continue to be jumbled the farther I go down.  I didn't have any other apps running.

I then forced quit the app and started 4 other apps and then Emby.  This time the posters were all correct in both tabs. 

The posters always are correct in the browser app (Chrome) so I'm not sure its a server problem.  Anything else I can try to help ID what is going on?

Edited by Eben

My ATV4 behaves the same as Eben’s. I’m running tvOS 11.3. I have about 500mb in apps installed. The behavior of emby is the same whether or not it’s the only app running. Seems like many people running Apple TV don’t have the same issue. Could it be a tvOS beta issue?

Edited by jwages