Incorrect Posters

Sarithz

I do not see the issue in either the Roku or web client, but my Apple TV is now showing movie posters for some TV shows, the wrong posters for others, some are fine.  Is there a way to force rebuild a corrupt cache or something?

I have not tried uninstalling the app, but I guess if that is what it takes, would be my next course of action.  I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this glitch.

Dibbes

Not posters, but thumbs, which were previously ok, are are now just black images... only very few and seem, for me at least, random in various libraries. This since the .36 update, I guestimate

Sorry, Dibbes is correct.  It is the thumbnail images that are showing this way in both the Next Up TV as well as in the TV shows section.

Same problem here on ATV 4th gen. Happened out of the blue about two weeks ago. Cover art thumbs are mismatched to movie titles and the mismatches change when I restart the app. The title of each file is correct, only the artwork is wrong. 

Hi.  Is this consistent and is it as soon as you bring up the app or does it happen after some period of use?

If you force-close the app (double-click home and swipe up) and then re-start it, are the images still incorrect?

For me, it's immediate. Still an issue after multiple app restarts. I reset my ATV4 to factory and reinstalled, but no change. The only change I see upon restart is that the artwork changes but is still incorrect.

What have you already tried server side ?

Done a "Scan Media library" already, in Scheduled tasks ?

The server side looks good. No artwork issues there. Fresh re-sync. We have more than one ATV linked to this server and the problem is isolated to only one of them. They are all ATV4 devices.

zmediaserver

@@Luke, I run the server that user jwages is connecting to. Let me know if you need server logs. jwages is one of 3 ATV users I have and the other 2 users are not having this issue, nor are my other 20+ users/devices, and all looks correct on server side.

Server is running 3.2.70.0 on FreeBSD 11.1.0.4. jwages' ATV is remote (over the internet).

Thanks for your support!

Dibbes

Hi.  Is this consistent and is it as soon as you bring up the app or does it happen after some period of use?

If you force-close the app (double-click home and swipe up) and then re-start it, are the images still incorrect?

There is no consistency to it. The original images have been replaced by a same colour image as the background of the webpage, so it doesn't matter which user or which device you're using, it's a greyish/black thumb. You only get these back properly through the images manager through the webpage.

What have you already tried server side ?

Done a "Scan Media library" already, in Scheduled tasks ?

Since there is a file there named thumb, the server won't pull a new one with a Scan. The server doesn't see anything wrong. It's a pity I didn't save any thumb with the image. I haven't seen it since upgrading to .70

Tried logging in with other Emby user, with access to same libraries ?

Yes, same shows have the issues. I don't think it's an app or display problem.

There is no consistency to it. The original images have been replaced by a same colour image as the background of the webpage, so it doesn't matter which user or which device you're using, it's a greyish/black thumb. You only get these back properly through the images manager through the webpage.

Since there is a file there named thumb, the server won't pull a new one with a Scan. The server doesn't see anything wrong. It's a pity I didn't save any thumb with the image. I haven't seen it since upgrading to .70

What if you delete the "cache\images" folder on your Emby server (realize, this may cause a slow down everywhere while it rebuilds)?

Or a refresh meta data on server for that library, where missing metadata AND replacement of existing images is selected.

zmediaserver

For clarity - the issue OP (sarithz) described is the same issue jwages and I are having, which appears to be different from what Dibbes is describing. Our issue is limited to just Apple TV devices only, but not all of them, and is a mix-up of thumbnails. Dibbes issue appears to be server side/global.

For clarity - the issue OP (sarithz) described is the same issue jwages and I are having, which appears to be different from what Dibbes is describing. Our issue is limited to just Apple TV devices only, but not all of them, and is a mix-up of thumbnails. Dibbes issue appears to be server side/global.

I think you are correct and I'd still like you guys to try this:

What if you delete the "cache\images" folder on your Emby server (realize, this may cause a slow down everywhere while it rebuilds)?

Thanks.

Correct. I have 3 Rokus that are not seeing this issue as well as the web interface is also good. Logging in as the same user on other devices, and everything is good to go. It appears isolated to just this one device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never noticed this until I installed the latest Apple TV test flight version.  I only see it in the collections tab in that version.  If I restart the app it corrects some but jumbles others.  I do not see any jumbled posters when using the browser version even in the collections tab. I'm on Windows server current release.

Edited by Eben

Unfortunately I’ve only seen this once, on device, and haven’t been able to repeat it on my development machine. Once I come across a situation where I can repeat it I’ll definjtely dive in deeper.