Missing translations

capitaineflam25

capitaineflam25

Hi,

i'd like to help translating Emby in french but i don't know how to.

On this translation page i can see that the french language is 100% for the Android TV app, but i can find some strings not translated on the actual Play Store app.

Maybe there is a few remaining "hardcoded" string in the code ? if so do you want me to do a list of the strings ?

(Screen capture from a Xiaomi Mi Box / Android 6, i can find more strings not translated but i don't want to spam :P )

post-280061-0-81088700-1517313643_thumb.jpg

Best regards

Edited by capitaineflam25

I'm in the process of updating the base strings on that site right now - should be completed importing within the hour.   If you can check against that and then list here any that are still missing, we'll get them taken care of.

Thanks!

• Like 1

The upload to OneSky failed for some reason.  I'm re-doing it now.

There probably will still be some missing but please let us know what they are.  Thanks.

capitaineflam25

i saw one updated string (i translated it) but no other changes, maybe the upload keeps on failing :unsure:

capitaineflam25

I saw an update this night, thanks. The phrases are now translated in french.

Here is a list of strings i don't find on the translation site :

Enable Color Coded Backgrounds
HD Programs
Live Broadcasts
Premieres
Repeat Episodes
Also On
Previous Episode
More Options
30 Minutes
1 Hour
2 Hours
3 Hours
6 Hours
24 Hours
Never
None
5 seconds
Never
Use External Player for Videos
Requires a capable app to play video types
Pass Direct Path
Pass the the file system path instead of streaming url
Version : xxxx Registered
Tabbed View
Quality (XX Mb/s)
This will PERMANENTLY DELETE .... Are you VERY sure?
DELETE / CANCEL
Playback Correction...
Starts in 
Up Next...

Okay, thanks.  The new beta is adding a whole bunch more new strings so, once all that is done, I'll go back through and try and identify these.

capitaineflam25

Beta installed on Android TV + Windows Server (Good job by the way B) )

I made it to 100% for fr on OneSkyApp

Here is the updated list of strings i find on the beta but not on the OneSkyApp translation repository.

More Options
Unable to connect to configured server
This will PERMANENTLY DELETE %S Are you VERY sure?
DELETE / CANCEL
Item NOT deleted
Stats For Nerds
Unable to seek
Only with Emby Premiere
Try one of the new themes available in the settings page.
Unable to tune channel
Enable Color Coded Backgrounds
HD Programs
Live Broadcasts
Premieres
Repeat Episodes
Previous Episode
Chapter N
More from season XX
30 Minutes
1 Hour
2 Hours
Never
None
5 seconds
Use External Player for Videos
Requires a capable app to play video types
Pass Direct Path
Pass the the file system path instead of streaming url
Version : xxxx Registered
Tabbed View
Quality (XX Mb/s)
Starts in
Yesterday
Missing
Too many errors, giving up.
Scheduled in Next 24 Hours
Future (as a red headband on the recording screen)
Playback error? Is the current ...

capitaineflam25

I realized that "fr-FR" is never used in the server or apps, but it is complete in oneskyapp so it leads to confusion.

I suggest you'll remove it or rename it to "fr-CA" in oneskyapp (because "fr-CA" is selectable in Emby Server parameters and not available in onesky app Android TV project)

For french translators, the right project is "fr"

post-280061-0-98160500-1517906495_thumb.png

post-280061-0-84080200-1517906500_thumb.png

I realized that "fr-FR" is never used in the server or apps, 

How did you determine that?

The Android TV app (actually, the underlying OS) determines which translation to use based on a combination of the language and region settings on the device.

capitaineflam25

How did you determine that?

I thought the language was determined by the one set in the Server / Parameters section (in which there is no fr-FR by the way (see previous screen capture), but it's not an issue since fr is 100% complete and is usualy accepted as the language for France)

I've added a little tag in one of the translations so i can determine which one is used on my Android TV when the next Beta will be released.

For me the presence of fully translated fr and fr-FR on oneSkyApp is like a duplicate. If someone want's to change a string for the french app he won't know where to do it.

Is there a notion of heritage for languages ? fr-FR inherits fr if empty and fr-CA inherits fr if empty ? if so, fr-FR for the Android TV translation project maybe fully cleared.

Is there a notion of heritage for languages ? fr-FR inherits fr if empty and fr-CA inherits fr if empty ? if so, fr-FR for the Android TV translation project maybe fully cleared.

This is all handled by the OS so I'm not sure.  I'd have to research it.

capitaineflam25

Thanks for the new translation strings and the publication of the beta with enhanced translations.

Here is a screen capture of a text still not translated, the problem is not the lack of translation but the lack of a space between the original text and the countdown.

post-280061-0-85971200-1518125894_thumb.png

capitaineflam25

With the latest beta i understand the situation for french translations.

Android allow you to select between "French (Canada)" and "French (France)" (see picture)

post-280061-0-83327300-1518161947_thumb.png

When choosing "French (France)", it uses "fr-FR" data from OneSkypApp.
When choosing "French (Canada)", it uses "fr". I guess the app was searching for "fr-CA" but since it's not available it fallbacks to "fr"

In a user point of view there is no issue since anyone has a translation.

On a translator point of view it is a bit confusing. I  can see that the most active translation was on "fr", and i can see that the translators were trying to enhance it or correct it, but it may have no effect. (It was not Canadian users, i can tell that by the modifications)

I don't know what would be the easier for you.

Renaming "fr" to "fr-CA" on OneSkyApp would do the trick.

(The ideal situation would be to have "fr" to 100% (based on actual fr-FR content, and fr-CA + fr-FR almost empty, but i don't think it's worth the job)

capitaineflam25

Thanks a lot for 1.5.46 Beta.

Do you want me to update the missing translation list according to the latest beta or you can keep on with the existing one ?

If finding untranslated strings from the list in the code is not convenient for you i can do screen captures with non translated word underlined.

A few of the ones you pointed out are problematic and not that critical (like all the different Mb/s type options in some of the settings) but, please do point out (screen caps are great) anything in the main interface.

Thanks.

capitaineflam25

Don't lose your time with the difficults ones of course.

Here are some captures of the few remaining untranslated strings.

The ones like "Unable to seek", "Unable to tune channel",  "Playback error? Is the current ..." are a bit more difficult to reproduce.

post-280061-0-82900700-1518280409_thumb.png

post-280061-0-91256600-1518280435_thumb.png

post-280061-0-51273600-1518280459_thumb.png

post-280061-0-38265400-1518280518_thumb.png

post-280061-0-79664200-1518280554_thumb.png

post-280061-0-70156800-1518280581_thumb.png

post-280061-0-26328700-1518280618_thumb.png

post-280061-0-17067200-1518281171_thumb.png

post-280061-0-24469400-1518281185_thumb.png

capitaineflam25

Hi,

If you have the opportunity to pull translations from oneskyapp on a next beta i can check the results of the latest batch of strings you added a few days ago.

Yeah, OneSky was having a problem the past few days and couldn't do the translation download.  It just finally finished late last night so I'll get them in the next beta.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

capitaineflam25

The translation quality is very good on Emby for Android TV, thanks for the recents additions. There is a few missing string but they are not very visible so it does not worth the job.

This capture is from "Emby for Android", on a tablet. This is the "Downloaded media screen" and there are some missing translation. Sorry for being insistant on this subject, but i want to improve the useability for non english speaking childrens :P

(I don't know where to post, i don't know if the Emby for Android share the same translations with Emby for Android TV, or if those strings come from the server)

post-280061-0-06025900-1519471698_thumb.png