Option to display library per device

Dibbes

Dibbes

I´d like to see an option to display a library depending on the device that the account is using. For example, I have an ebook library which is shown when I log into my AppleTV, but I sincerely doubt I´ll ever read an ebook on my TV. Same goes for a Comic library, I doubt I´ll ever open a comic on my phone as the screen is just too small.

It would cleanup the start screen majorly in my case.

• Like 1

naeonline

Alternatively, you could setup different users.  One with access to the Comic Library (MeC) and one without (Me).  Log into the Emby server on the ATV and iPhone with 'Me' and your iPad or computer with 'MeC'.  Then, to keep watched status of your media in sync between the two, link them both with the same TrakTV account.

Edited by naeonline

Dibbes

Alternatively, you could setup different users.  One with access to the Comic Library (MeC) and one without (Me).  Log into the Emby server on the ATV and iPhone with 'Me' and your iPad or computer with 'MeC'.  Then, to keep watched status of your media in sync between the two, link them both with the same TrakTV account.

I´m not sure I like that idea, as it also means having a few different Emby Connect accounts and various different accounts for my family, which includes my 70yrs+ parents... Also, it´s not going to be very handy when LDAP/SSO is finally released

• 1 year later...
Richard Branches

As shown in the below screenshot, I was thinking that if we uncheck any of the libraries to hide them from the "Latest" and "Next Up" rows as it currently does, it should also hide the related media library as per device of course, for example, since I want to hide the "Music" library on my Android TV device, just by removing the "Musica" checkmark it should also stop appearing from "My Media" row as well:

5dd5bab2244b8_Screenshot1.png

That is not what that option is for so that would be quite confusing.

That option allows you to have all libraries available for navigation but just not to clutter up your quick lists with content from things you don't regularly use or use so much that they would just be noise (like, say, a concert video library)