Emby Nav bar won't auto hide when play from Guide

speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

When I use the guide and tap play a currently active live tv program,  it plays it fine but the Emby bottom Nav bar does not auto hide with the top UI elements. It stays there and never hides, even when u toggle buttons like pause etc.

When I launch Live tv program from the Programs tab, On Now etc sections  area(not in the guide) it auto hides fine.

The only thing i notice that is different about these 2 processes of starting a active live tv program, is that the "program info" page  does not come up when u launch from the Guide. That page does come up from the Programs tab, then u click the top banner to start the stream. So something in the direct launch of stream via guide is weird. 

EDIT: Just noticed, when u press the small Play icon on any of the program icons in On Now etc...that direct plays the channel and same thing , bottom bar wont auto hide. It only will if the Program info screen comes up first.

Using on my Pixel XL with 8.1.  App version 2.9.76 (current G Play store version)

EDIT: Tried Beta version 2.9.81   Same behavior when play from Guide screen. In the other tabs, the mini direct play button method, does not have this no hide behavior.

I reverted to non beta version. Beta version crashed every time i backd out of live tv stream. also, the stream was very low frame rate and overall laggy, audio way out of sync when using bluetooth headphones. non beta version audio is in sync and no laggyness of playback.

Edited by speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

Hi what bottom bar are you referring to?

Really?    

The nav bar thing that has all the buttons, play,pause, record, seek bar, the thumbnail of the program u are watching.

I must not be calling it by the correct name.

speedingcheetah

Got it, ok, thanks. I'll test this out.

Bizarre!   I go to make a screen shot of it......but....now the app isn't doing it. Its auto hiding fine. And I did nothing. Nothing updated or changed. The last thing i did on the phone was use the app last night before bed and it refused to auto hide on every channel i tried. But now, i can't reproduce the issue.   Go figure. Just have to see if t does it again.

Thanks. By the way as far as actual playback goes, that's really strange because i have a pixel for testing and the new version of the app is much smoother.

speedingcheetah

Thanks. By the way as far as actual playback goes, that's really strange because i have a pixel for testing and the new version of the app is much smoother.

Pixel or Pixel 2?    I have 1st gen Pixel XL.

And yea....the beta version was horrible for me.

speedingcheetah

Gen 1 Pixel is what I'm testing on.

Well the XL has a higher res display. and i also have the display size(dpi) set to smaller. That may affect things.

I suppose a little but i wouldn't expect it be that different. but i suppose you could try default dpi and see if that makes any difference.

speedingcheetah

The app just updated to 2.9.82.  (i am not on the beta any more) so this must be the stable G play version.?

Its now doing the no hide thing when i play from guide.

Also, it is making my notification tone go off 2x, like if i have a text message, anytime i play a video.

PIP works. (thats neat). but the vid stream still does not recover if u lock the screen. audio still plays, but its a black screen when u unlock. have to stop then replay vid.

5a710b68514ca_Screenshot_20180130181654.

post-72185-0-42365400-1517358230_thumb.png

speedingcheetah

The new version of the app is very unrelaible for live TV playback. It just starts to play but is like there isn't enough bandwith and it's freezing lagging and won't play correctly at all. Revert back to older version..plas without issues.

But that's a different issue than this thread intended. I guess I'll make a new thread when I get a chance for the new playback issue.

• 1 year later...
Randy Kerr

I am also having the issue of the nav bar remaining in place, and blocking much of the screen when I watch movies. It basically renders the app unusable on my Note 9. The app has also been freezing, disappearing. I cannot restart it after I leave, or lose, the movie screen. I sometimes have to reboot, after closing the app (still on my phone) does not allow restarting.

Help!

Randy