Some files crash browser

itkserver

itkserver

hello, thanks for all the hard work! 

the other night I was watching a movie and about half way through, it started dropping frames then stuttering and eventually crashed the browser. I thought it was simply the movie file or something and tried to play in on my laptop. Flawless. Tried it again on the PS4 and now the whole length of the film is unwatchable and eventually crashes "There is no free system memory". In fact the whole movie series is the same. I updated to .70 but no change. Earlier today I tried watching an anime series on my LG tv and the same thing happened "The app will now restart to free memory" I went back to earlier episodes that I know worked and i can only get maybe 5 seconds in on any episode. The above completely freeze my Chromecast causing me to FC the app on my phone and unplug the Chromecast from power. All of the above work just fine from web app on chrome and the android app. I have tried different titles with similar specs H264 AAC etc (the anime is mkv and the movie series is varies mp4/mkv) . no issues maybe I'm missing a trigger? Attached are both the ffmpg.txt and server Log.txt, I wasn't sure if either made a difference.. These are from attemping at the PS4 on the Anime episode.

thanks in advance

pardon my horrendous punctuation..

hi, you're saying that memory message was on the ps4 or on the server? can you attach the ffmpeg log? thanks.

itkserver

hi, you're saying that memory message was on the ps4 or on the server? can you attach the ffmpeg log? thanks.

ffmpeg is uploaded in OP. "ffmpeg.txt" 

That is the message displayed on the PS4 and a similar on my LG. 

I also noticed something curious today, again on the PS4 and LG (a trend with ET?) when watching a different anime, the succeeding episodes all seem to have a gray film over the video, or just dimmed im not entirely sure. This only occurs if i allow them to autoplay. If i play them each individually, they look normal.  

itkserver

I could not find the ffmpeg from last night that i meant to post, didn't seem to be available on the sever? 
this FFMPEG.txt is using the same file, but on my LG (seeing as it is the same symptoms and don't have access to the PS4 at the present moment.) 

itkserver

do you have subtitles enabled?

Silly me, I never noticed that they weren't running even though it was selected. That must be the issue, thank you. Guess I'll have to mix them out and get some externals. As for the movie series, I don't have the subs hard coded or other wise, however it would seem the issue has resolved it self on that front. When I have occasion to I will check on my PS4. I will report back if there is still an issue. Thank you your royal bazinga-ness. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We are trying to render those ASS subtitles directly in the app in order to avoid transcoding, but that is a very complex procedure and that is most likely causing the problem.

The ps4 app has a setting to force them to burn in with server transcoding, which should solve the problem but will hit your server CPU pretty hard. The LG app does not have this setting yet.

itkserver

We are trying to render those ASS subtitles directly in the app in order to avoid transcoding, but that is a very complex procedure and that is most likely causing the problem.

The ps4 app has a setting to force them to burn in with server transcoding, which should solve the problem but will hit your server CPU pretty hard. The LG app does not have this setting yet.

I'll just avoid them when possible. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk