Unwatched no longer updating

rms8
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi,

I have the Movie view set up as Unwatched.  This view seems to work for me so when I add movies, they show up on that initial view and after we watch a movie on that Unwatched view, it no longer shows up (b/c it was watched....go figure ;-)   ).

I noticed that it is no longer updating in the sense that when I watch a movie, it still shows up on that list instead of being removed.  How can I get that list to correctly update?  Could it have ANYTHING to do with the external player choice?  I have TMT6 and MPC-HC as my external players.  I normally use TMT6 but it has been having bugs and I bumped MPC-HC to the top so MPC-HC is now the main ext player.  I'm not sure it the Unwatched list not updating issue coincided with the player change or not.

Thanks,

Rob

Just turned on that icon and they are NOT being marked as played.

EDIT :

I just made TMT6 the primary player again and the movies I now play with TMT6 are getting removed from the list (like they should).  So it appears to be an issue with MPC-HC not working with MBC to set the movies as watched ????  Is there a setting in MPC-HC which must be set for this to work properly ??

Thanks!!!

Edited by rms8

Did you use the MPC-HC type when you setup the player?  Did you hit the "Configure my player" link in there?

If you did all that, then check the settings in MPC and be sure the web server is turned on.

Did you use the MPC-HC type when you setup the player?

***YES***

Did you hit the "Configure my player" link in there?

***YES***

If you did all that, then check the settings in MPC and be sure the web server is turned on.

***Not sure what you mean by this.  Didn't find any "web server" options in MBC Configurator nor from the configuration menus while IN MBC.  I could not find an option called "web server" in MPC-HC either.***

Did you install the english version of MPC-HC?  Their api is translated to local language (for some unknown reason) so we only work with the English version.

A log of when you play something would be very helpful in diagnosing what is going on.

Did you install the english version of MPC-HC?  Their api is translated to local language (for some unknown reason) so we only work with the English version.

A log of when you play something would be very helpful in diagnosing what is going on.

Yes, it's the english version.  I'll get a log the next time I watch a movie.

Thanks ebr!

• Solution

Okay - your issue is the system is working at its full potential now.  Resumable items (items you haven't finished watching yet) are not considered watched.  There are settings on the server (App Settings) that govern what portion of an item you must watch for us to consider it fully watched.  The default is 90% - to account for stopping the movie at credit roll.

The reason it behaved differently with TMT is because we have no way of tracking progress with that player so we have to assume you watched the whole thing if you watch it at all.

• Like 1

Saw this in the log, could this be explaining why MPC-HC is not updating the Unwatched list ?

2014-03-17 08:26:04.8296,Error,,Error connecting to MPC-HC web interface at: http://localhost:13579/status.html ( Exception.  Type=System.NotSupportedException Msg=WebClient does not support concurrent I/O operations. Src=System Method=ClearWebClientState Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.WebClient.ClearWebClientState() [n]    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadStringAsync(Uri address,, Object userToken) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Playables.MpcHc.MpcHcPlaybackController.MonitorStatus() ),48,

The reason it behaved differently with TMT is because we have no way of tracking progress with that player so we have to assume you watched the whole thing if you watch it at all.

I'll check that option right now, and THANKS for explaining why TMT handles it differently !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS ebr, that fixed it.  I never thought to change that since TMT was removing the movies.

Now, if I can just get MPC-HC to play my DVD's too......(it gives an error message when trying to play a DVD, but Blurays play fine).