Question on Transcoding

daniel.bmyer

daniel.bmyer

Just to be clear, the new version doesn't error out.  It just plays very choppy.  I tried a number of 4k films, all play choppy.  1080P blu rays no problem.

Guest asrequested

His GPU supports it. I have a feeling there's something else happening. The standalone player closes after starting playback. I'd like to nail that down.

Guest asrequested

Ok, so you've got something environmental that we need to figure out. Tonight I want to try another build of mpv. I'll zip one up and post it. I'll try some different configs, too. MPV didn't throw an error in the log, it just closed. So something isn't stable, but I want to figure it out. Are you up for taking the time to test different things?

daniel.bmyer

Ok, that lasted about 7 seconds until it crapped out on me again.  It either totally freezes up or "stops working".  I downloaded the 64bit version as my OS is 64bit.

I even did a fresh reboot

Edited by daniel.bmyer

Guest asrequested

Ok, so I think there is something screwy with your HWA. Gimme a minute. I'm checking on something I'd like you to try

Guest asrequested

OK, add the auto back the hwdec= and then put this on another line

profile=gpu-hq

This should make it worse, but in testing with others, it actually worked. I just want to rule it out.