MKV not playing

Depechie

Depechie

Started using Emby app on Apple TV 4 and it seems not all MKV files are playable.

While selecting a specific title I always get the screen: An error occured while loading this content.

Playing the same MKV from the Emby server browser works fine, even using VLC for tvOS on the Apple Tv is able to play it through the Emby UPnP feature!

Is there a log file I can send, go through to present more information?

Edited by Glenn

Depechie

Ha, ok now I get this. Sorry was on a wrong path...

So my NAS is a Thecus running ffmpeg 3.1.1.0.

What version should I have at least?

Our packages on other platforms are shipping with 3.4.1. You might not need something that new, but that's what we're testing with.  

Depechie

@outkastm I donated through paypal to enable downloading modules from your forum... does it take a while to activate? I got the direct message on the forum already but the module pages keep telling me I can't yet download.

Edited by Glenn

Depechie

@@Luke I updated the ffmpeg and now getting : /raid/data/module/ffmpeg/sys/bin/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in the log file...

Only version available from @outkastfm is 3.3.4

Also on Mono 4.4.2.11 not sure if that can be related? Do I need to update to 5.4.1.7?

No, 4.8.1 is both our min and max supported version.

Depechie

Ok... just for reference, running ffmpeg 3.2.4 now ( because of the lib error with 3.3.4 ) and some movies play and others still don't.

Not sure why though because another movie that is playing is also indicated as being remux in de log files of EMBY.

So for now I think I'll need to wait for some feedback of @outkastfm on why the install of 3.3.4 is not working correctly.

Thanks guys for the support though :)

Doing great!!

Depechie

Got ffmpeg 3.3.4.0 working thanks to the great help of @outkastfm

No longer have the exception about the missing lib in the log, but still the movie won't play.

Having other details in the log file now, so I'm sharing it again.

Currently no other ffmpeg version available though : https://pirinel.ro/showthread.php?tid=13&pid=13&highlight=LocalDisplay#pid13

@@Glenn if your issue is related to that ffmpeg 3.4.1 is needed, i will compile this version asap

Thanks, at the very least, it would help reduce the number of variables we're dealing with here. 

• Like 1

Depechie

Yes! That indeed triggers the movie to play @@ebr but if I do this, it seems that the movie quality is less than playing it on another device.

What is the source of this file?

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it is interlaced but we aren't detecting it.