Is there a "play next" or queue feature in Emby web player?

TimOlaf

I am running Emby server for my music collection, and using the web app to play music.   (Chrome browser shows "http://app.emby.media\...."in the URL field.)

I use saved playlists, but I'm wondering if there's a way to just, on the fly, decided what to "play next", like a live, current queue.  I would like to just add a couple of albums to play in order, just for that session, without having to create a playlist from scratch that I won't ever want to listen to again in the future.

I have seen this feature in many media players.  Does it exist here?

Thanks!

I had not tried that, thanks!  I see that option is only available when you are looking just at the one, individual album. I usually play albums from the album list.  This is easy enough.

Finally, is there a way to view the entire current queue?  For some reason I cannot find that.  I would like to be able to add an album, but then go into the queue and remove a particular track.

When you're playing music you'll see the now playing bar at the bottom. On the right side of that there is a playlist icon you can click.

I thought that was the playlist icon, but when I click that, it only brings up the currently playing track and nothing else.  It's the same as if I click anywhere on the bottom "now playing" banner.  The playlist icon does get a green circle on it, right after I click it, so I'm pretty sure Emby knows that icon was clicked.  But only brings up the current single track.  It shows the track playing, at the top of an otherwise dark screen, with the track progress, etc.  But no other tracks.  However, it does continue to play the album, so the other tracks are definitely in the queue.

My music is on my desktop, running Emby server.  I'm on a laptop on the same wireless network, logged into my Emby server on the desktop.  If I understand the question, I think the answer is yes.

Ok, I moved to my desktop, and now I am able to utlize the playlist icon.  That works.  Thanks.  It just doesn't work from the remote laptop.

I just realized, perhaps the "other device" you meant was playing to a chromecast, I'm sorry I just realized.  So, I was using the laptop to access the desktop server, but actually was casting to a chromecast.

Edited by TimOlaf

Currently playlist manipulation is not yet added when remote controlling, but it's planned for the future. thanks.

• 1 year later...
mistercoffee

Currently playlist manipulation is not yet added when remote controlling, but it's planned for the future. thanks.

Hi @@Luke, is this still planned? Thanks!