Duplicate subtitles on v1.1.11

shocker

When DIRECT STREAMING local movie library content, it seems that same srt is displayed twice.

I tested with changing subtitles styles in Apple TV settings by changing color to yellow and changing text in srt, to rule out embedded sub display. When playback of movie is started by pre selecting srt, I see yellow subtitles with right timing AND white subtitles with wrong slightly delayed timing. When I click FW/BW I see a white text appearing "Subtitles Loading".

When Apple TV settings for closed captions is turned off, I see only white subtitles from srt. After playing for some time, some subtitle dialogs are skipped.

Emby Settings tested for above symptoms :

Playback settings Subtitle Selection: Default + Smart + Always Show Subtitles

Default Subtitle language: Dutch

Content: English/Dutch embedded subs + Dutch srt

Allow subtitle extraction on the fly: not selected

When I set Playback settings subtitle Selection to never and pre select None for Play with these settings, i get yellow subtitles but NOT the srt subtitles where I changed the text from !!

@@Luke & @ebr, are subtitles cached on server ?

Edit 1: Seems also that in Playback Settings Subtitle Selection, that this field isn't saved correctly when a setting is changed and reverts back to A previous setting, when an app restart from menu is done.

Edited by Senna

Edit 1: Seems also that in Playback Settings Subtitle Selection, that this field isn't saved correctly when a setting is changed and reverts back to A previous setting, when an app restart from menu is done.

Sorry, but I didn't follow that at all...

User menu > Playback Settings > Subtitle Selection > ((Default, Smart, Only Forced, Always show Subtitles, Never)=field)

When change in above is done, change is not saved when:

User menu > Restart App

shocker

Seems that @@Senna have a point here with the subtitle mode option.

If I'm setting the settings for subtitles to:

- Preferred subtitle language: English

- Subtitle mode: No subtitle

- Burn subtitles: Auto

Then only the big subtitle is displayed automatically (checking the settings before going to resume the movie it says that the subtitle is set to none, but the english one is still automatically displayed).

@@corey can you check the other way around, set the subtitle mode to Always play subtitles to see if you can reproduce this?

@@shocker Can you set the language for your Emby user you use on the Apple TV to English, so you can use the exact text that is used in the menus that you see on screen and edit your post accordingly, to avoid confusion which settings are used.

Because where can I find the setting to set "burn subtitles: auto"

Edited by Senna

shocker

@@shocker Can you set the language for your Emby user you use on the Apple TV to English, so you can use the exact text that is used in the menus that you see on screen and edit your post accordingly, to avoid confusion which settings are used.

Sorry but I have no idea what are you talking about :)

What language to be changed to English? And what is the confusion caused?

shocker

Because where can I find the setting to set "burn subtitles: auto"

I get your point now, but that question was not in your post, previously :)

Check your subtitle settings via the web interface.

post-4323-0-22900400-1518948257_thumb.png

@@Luke, @ebr, @corey

So to me it seems, that when we have double subtitles, the SRT gets burned in too.

Otherwise I wouldn't see what I mentioned in this post:

I tested with changing subtitles styles in Apple TV settings by changing color to yellow and changing text in srt, to rule out embedded sub display. When playback of movie is started by pre selecting srt, I see yellow subtitles with right timing AND white subtitles with wrong slightly delayed timing. When I click FW/BW I see a white text appearing "Subtitles Loading".

When Apple TV settings for closed captions is turned off, I see only white subtitles from srt. After playing for some time, some subtitle dialogs are skipped.

In above example I changed the text in srt, to see what the sources were from the double subtitle text displayed on screen, so I could see if it was the text from the embedded subs or from the srt. The duplicate subs showing on screen were both from the srt (because it showed my changed text), so the white ones were burned in by server and that explains the slight delay when the white ones were shown. Is that correct Luke ?