Duplicate subtitles on v1.1.11

shocker

shocker

Hello,

I'm using the latest tvOS version on Apple TV 4, with the latest emby app 1.1.11 and sometimes I have duplicate subtitles during the movie. 

The movie is running with direct stream and there is no transcoding involved. The strange part is that it's starting with only one and after 10-20 seconds the second one appears.

Also sending messages via server to apple tv 4 is not working.

I'm using the latest emby server 3.2.70.3.

Any idea what can cause this?

Thanks!

post-4323-0-73820500-1517216900_thumb.jpg

Edited by shocker

Logos302

is it possible your watching something with the subtitles burned right in and then emby is also adding it own subtitles?  

shocker

is it possible your watching something with the subtitles burned right in and then emby is also adding it own subtitles?  

No, playing the same media on other devices works ok.

If you can provide the media info for the item that’d be great. Also if you can tell me how you started playing the item (did you choose subs in our Select Audio or Subtitles menu?)? What’s your current Apple TV setting for closed captions in the system settings?

As far as sending messages that’s currently not supported on Apple TV.

shocker

If you can provide the media info for the item that’d be great. Also if you can tell me how you started playing the item (did you choose subs in our Select Audio or Subtitles menu?)? What’s your current Apple TV setting for closed captions in the system settings?

As far as sending messages that’s currently not supported on Apple TV.

I've attached the media info. 

No, the subtitle was picked up automatically by the app. If i'm turning the subtitle off only the smaller one remains.

I've tested this with CC on and off and it's the same behaviour.

post-4323-0-52133900-1517216993_thumb.png

Edited by shocker

And you're saying

Also sending messages via server to apple tv 4 is not working.

However, it won't even let you attempt to send a message, there "not working" would not be an accurate description, right?

shocker

And you're saying

However, it won't even let you attempt to send a message, there "not working" would not be an accurate description, right?

Nope, I have the option to send the message but it's not delivered.

post-4323-0-17570800-1517177923_thumb.png

post-4323-0-96693700-1517178049_thumb.png

Edited by shocker

ok the app is incorrectly reporting that it supports the feature. we'll need to remove that. thanks.

shocker

ok the app is incorrectly reporting that it supports the feature. we'll need to remove that. thanks.

Thanks! P.S. I have the same behaviour with the Roku app.

I thought this topic was about duplicate sub titles and why do we get an best answer @@Luke for sending a message via server to Apple TV that this isn't working for this topic ?!

What is causing duplicate subtitles now on the apple TV with shockers setup ?

Is it the srt that also shows up, when embedded subs are present in the movie content ?

shocker

I thought this topic was about duplicate sub titles and why do we get an best answer @@Luke for sending a message via server to Apple TV that this isn't working for this topic ?!

What is causing duplicate subtitles now on the apple TV with shockers setup ?

Is it the srt that also shows up, when embedded subs are present in the movie content ?

It was solved for the first part, but indeed this might get users confused. I've change it to unresolved to have a resolution for the double subtitle issue as well.

Thanks!

shocker

Seems that the duplicate subtitle issue is happening with embedded subtitle (subtitle is in the mkv container).

Can someone check this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @@shocker --

I tested the video you provided me this evening in both the Web app and Apple TV and I couldn't get any subtitles to display. Can you confirm that the file you provided is the same one that's exhibiting the issue please? 

@@ebr / @@Luke --

Are there any server-side settings that I'm unaware of that I need to turn on?

Thanks!

shocker

It's internal, I've provided the media info on #5.

@@corey did you enabled the closed caption on ATV? What is in your media info ?

Edited by shocker

Well I played the item again this morning and subtitles displayed but not duplicate subtitles. Here's a screenshot from the player:

5a8570d11b88d_ScreenShot20180215at63546A

The same subtitles displayed regardless of whether I used the 'Play with Audio or Subtitles' menu, or regular play button. I also toggled the system level Closed Captioning setting on and off and didn't observe any duplicates.

This was on the beta version of Emby for Apple TV running against a 3.2.60.0 server. Do you have any server-side subtitle settings enabled by chance?

shocker

@@corey I only have "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly." I can reproduce this with 3.2.70.13 and TVOS 1.1.13.

The issue is with or without transcoder. If I'm turning off CC then I can only see one subtitle.

Screenshots attached.

P.S. Sorry for the upside down screenshots :)

post-4323-0-33571400-1518701775_thumb.jpg

post-4323-0-73603800-1518701782_thumb.jpg

post-4323-0-84568400-1518701789_thumb.jpg

Edited by shocker

I have the 'Allow subtitle extraction on the fly' enabled as well. I confirmed I don't see duplicates when the video is transcoded. Just to rule it out I upgraded my server to 3.2.70 and I still couldn't replicate the duplicate subtitles.

I compared the ffmpeg commands and see no obvious difference. Could you post a server log as well please?

Edited by corey