Question about Roku Live TV on beta server

econ

This is very interesting.  I don't know why, or even if it is related at all, but these errors appear to be happening right after the app requests detailed information on the program being played (makes an items/ call on the channel for program info).

Its almost as if that causes enough of a hiccup on the server to disrupt the stream.

That goes with what I’m experiencing. Happens anywhere from 1-5 minutes after the show ends. It didn’t happen on the previous app/roku/server firmware so I don’t think it’s a network/server/transcoding issue. For what it’s worth, it’s been happening for a few weeks now but it wasn’t until the other day when I noticed it occurring after each episode ending and saw this previous thread. If you want more logs or any other info I’ll be happy to provide, id love to get this resolved if possible, thanks for all the help!!

I think I've found something.  I'll have a beta out for you to try later today.

Thanks.

cookemandan

@@ebr Not sure if it is related to the issue you found or not. I and my wife have noticed that it happens less often on SD channels (or not at all) I have not noticed except for 1 time. I can’t handle watching SD unless an HD channel is not available. She on the other hand does not care and watches the first one that comes up and usually it is SD and has not noticed it when she does.

I'm pretty sure I've found the issue but the beta may not make it out today because I'm waiting on some more info for a different issue I also would like to address.

I will be sure to get one out tomorrow though.

Thanks.

@@cookemandan have not noticed that but I have all my sd channels turned off (via hdhomerun) because I have the exact same issue so just watch hd only. @@ebr I’ll be looking for it tomorrow and appreciate the quick response!

cookemandan

@@ebr I appre

I'm pretty sure I've found the issue but the beta may not make it out today because I'm waiting on some more info for a different issue I also would like to address.

I will be sure to get one out tomorrow though.

You guys are awesome!

Thanks.

@@cookemandan have not noticed that but I have all my sd channels turned off (via hdhomerun) because I have the exact same issue so just watch hd only. @@ebr I’ll be looking for it tomorrow and appreciate the quick response!

I know I should do the same thing but I haven’t yet. At least I have the option which is more than I can say with a standard cable box.