Question about Roku Live TV on beta server

econ

When attempting to play a live tv channel through the roku app you receive the error message: Video Error  An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

Also happens in BN app.  FFMPEG doesn't launch.

Log.txt

• 1 month later...
cookemandan

Is this still an issue? I get this 1 min after a scheduled show ends. It does not matter the show or channel. I have updated to the latest version of Emby and I have tried Roku Beta App.

Is this still an issue? I get this 1 min after a scheduled show ends. It does not matter the show or channel. I have updated to the latest version of Emby and I have tried Roku Beta App.

hi @@cookemandan, no, it's not. We're happy to help you. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks !

I have sent the Roku log. It was sent about 10:03 EST. Thanks

Hi.  This log was sent from the release version of the app.  Can you please try the beta version?

Thanks.

Just sent log from the beta Roku app

Okay, thanks.  Can I please see the server and ffmpeg logs that go with that same playback?

cookemandan

@@ebr Attached are the logs as requested.  It always happens when one show transitions to the next.  Anywhere between 1-5 mins after the first show ends.  It happens only on Roku both using the beta app and the general release.  

I only see the ffmpeg portion of the log. Can you attach the emby server log as well? thanks.

cookemandan

@@Luke.  Sorry. I have attached it  this time.  There may be multiple instances of the same issue.  If not the log from the day before will have them.  It is pretty easy to re-create just let me know. 

3:2 server log.rtf

Edited by cookemandan

@@Luke.  Sorry. I have attached it  this time.  There may be multiple instances of the same issue.  If not the log from the day before will have them.  It is pretty easy to re-create just let me know. 

Thanks but this server log doesn't appear to match the app log you sent.  Can I get the one that lines up with that?  I need to see exactly what happened on the server at the time of the log from the app.

Thanks.

cookemandan

Did anyone look at this file? I wanted to make sure I uploaded what you needed.

Edited by cookemandan

Yes, we have looked but, unfortunately, I cannot see why this is a problem for you (and it seems to be limited only to you...?)

Not sure if I should start a new topic or not, but I am having this same issue. About 1-2 minutes at the end of the scheduled time, I receive a "unexpected error (not server or....." pop up and am forced back to the previous screen. Comes from either the guide or an individual show screen. 

Running Emby Server 3.3.1, HD Homerun prime, Roku express (wireless) and Roku 3 (wired), happens on both beta and release channels, will upload/send logs tomorrow morning when I have more time. Appreciate any help you can give in getting this resolved

Not sure if I should start a new topic or not, but I am having this same issue. About 1-2 minutes at the end of the scheduled time, I receive a "unexpected error (not server or....." pop up and am forced back to the previous screen. Comes from either the guide or an individual show screen. 

Running Emby Server 3.3.1, HD Homerun prime, Roku express (wireless) and Roku 3 (wired), happens on both beta and release channels, will upload/send logs tomorrow morning when I have more time. Appreciate any help you can give in getting this resolved

@@Ianb can we please see the server and ffmpeg log from this timeframe? Also can you go through the steps to submit an in-app roku log? thanks !