[BUG] - Emby for Kodi beta 3.0.x crashing on LibreELEC (Kodi 17.6) on initial setup

VladTepz

VladTepz

Emby for Kodi Version: ( Not exactly sure what version it started but I believe all the beta 3.0.x are affected)

• beta 3.0.x ( latest version tested was 3.0.8a )

Emby Server Version:

• Version 3.2.70.0

Kodi Versions Affected:  (Untested on LibreELEC Kodi v18 Alpha 1)

• Kodi 17.6

OS Tested and Affected: (Crashing)

• LibreELEC (official): 8.2.3, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.9.59 -  ( Raspberry Pi 3 )
  • LibreELEC (official): 8.2.3, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.11.12 - ( Asus Cromebox cn60)

OS Tested and Unaffected: (Working)

• Windows 10 x64 - Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299 - (Kodi 17.6 & Kodi v18 - Alpha 1)
  • Xubuntu 16.04  - LTS "Xenial Xerus" - ( Kodi 17.6 )

Issue:

Installing Emby for Kodi Beta 3.0.x on a fresh install of LibreELEC, ( Kodi 17.6 ), results in Kodi crashing on the user select screen, after entering entering a user password and selecting "Sign In".

Full Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/26476847/

Kodi Crash log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/26476849/

*note: I did censor out ids & external ips with "[REMOVED]"

Workaround:

1. Install Emby for Kodi Stable Version: 2.3.62a, setup, and run initial sync.

2. Upgrade to Emby for Kodi Beta 3.0.x after initial sync.

--------------------------------------

This has been an issue for a while now, unfortunately I did not have time to create a proper bug report until now. 

If you need any more info, Just let me know.

I confirm the issue reported VladTepz.

After fresh install of LibreELEC, if we try to install Emby plugin 3.0.8a or 3.0.9a, Emby crashes during login and restarts LibreELEC. The stable Emby plugin for Kodi installs without any problem.

Great. Have the same problem. Have thinked that it was another problem but now see other has the same problem it must be a bug...

Angelblue05

Yeah, I still have no idea what it could be... @@sse450 are you saying 3.0.x prior to 3.0.8 work fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sualfred

@@VladTepz

Just to be sure it's not caused by our reworked dialogs:

Can you please try to replace the complete content of the subfolder "skins" in 3.0.x with the same folder of 2.3.62a?

I have no LibreElec test box right here. My order from gearbest takes longer than expected.

Edited by sualfred

I Have the same Problem with kodi 17.6 on shield and firetv. After Login with 3.2.x Version and Update to latest beta its working.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

VladTepz

@@sualfred

Replaced the skins with the 2.3.62a versions.

Unfortunately I was unable to get far enough into the setup to the point where it's crashing.

The "username" field was never populated after selecting a user, and the "username" and "password" fields for the setup were unusable/uneditable.

I tried the different connection methods, manual, emby connect, adding username to the settings.xml, etc... all with no luck.

FWIW, I setup a dedicated LibreELEC test box, with just a fresh install, to help out any way I can.

Angelblue05

Yeah because the dialog files were also modified. I'll build you a custom build to test later today.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Angelblue05

I'm still looking into it, I think I saw something. It works for me either way (with old and new dialogs), however I'd noticed a huge delay once you sign in. Hopefully I'll have something for you to test shortly.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok so it's definitely the dialogs then.

We will go through a process of elimination if you don't mind, until we find what is causing the issue in the new dialogs.

Can you confirm, previously when it was crashing, which dialog did it get stuck on again? Just tell me what you did so I know which dialog is the problem, thank you [emoji4]

The usual order is server selection > emby connect or manual server. If you select emby connect > server selection. If you select manual server > user login.

Edited by Angelblue05

VladTepz

Sure no problem, the crash occurred after entering and submitting credentials, via the login button, in the "Please Sign In" dialog , the next dialog would be the "Playback Mode" dialog asking if you want Native (Direct Paths) or Addon ( Default)

So the "Playback Mode" type dialog is probably causing the issue.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

We actually have two please sign in dialogs. No, the playback mode has never changed so it must be the login dialog.

Can you confirm if it was emby connect or not. The please sign in for emby connect displays a QR code you can scan. Was there a QR code? Let me know, thanks [emoji4]

Edited by Angelblue05

VladTepz

Both login dialogs cause the crash after hitting the "Sign In" button. 

• emby connect login ( with the QR code )
  • selecting the server listed ( manual )

I just double checked to make sure it was happening in both login dialogs and it is.

Edited by VladTepz
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

That's something at least. Alright, I'll look some more into it later today. Thanks again for your help troubleshooting this.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

pünktchen

Sorry for jumping in, but it's maybe related.

For testing some stuff, i've installed multiple Emby servers. If one of those testing servers that i don't normally use in Kodi is online, the login dialog comes up. If i hit cancel, Kodi crashes!

Angelblue05

Sorry for jumping in, but it's maybe related.

For testing some stuff, i've installed multiple Emby servers. If one of those testing servers that i don't normally use in Kodi is online, the login dialog comes up. If i hit cancel, Kodi crashes!

Yes.

Angelblue05

Since I'm not sure the source of the issue, I've made two custom builds to test. I've modified the login dialogs.

Rename the zip, remove -withoutanimation, -withoutpassfield before installing them so you don't end up with two versions of emby for kodi installed..

Let me know if any of the builds work for you (don't forget to include which).

plugin.video.emby-3.0.9a-withoutanimation.zip

plugin.video.emby-3.0.9a-withoutpassfield.zip

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

VladTepz

Unfortunately both emby-3.0.9a-withoutanimation and emby-3.0.9a-withoutpassfield crash in the same place as the rest.

NOTICE: EMBY.credentials -> credentialsupdated

I'm also doing a libreelec reset between version tests to make sure the results don't get tainted, so no worries about the naming convention.

• Like 1

VladTepz

@@Angelblue05

If it would be easier, and if you use any realtime chat apps, like Discord.

I have today and tomorrow available to do some realtime tests. I dabble in python and I'm comfortable editing addons.

I'm actually using a emby for kodi addon that I modified on my iPad that transcodes the experimental LiveTV.

It might be easy for you to tell me to edit a file, test, and have results immediately, than for you to make & prepare test builds.

Just a thought.