Unable to Schedule Recordings

markyp

Up until recently I've been able to schedule recordings from the ET guide. When I tried this last night I just got the whirling dervishes for ages... I attempted to use the stable ET version and that did exactly the same.

I'm using the NextPVR plugin on the server with a nextPVR backend...

I haven't attached any logs as I'm not sure which ones you'll need to look at...

Hi there, please attach the Emby Server log.

Also, what kind of tuner do you have?

The tuner is:

TBS 6205 DVB-T/T2 connected to the HTPC that also has NextPVR and ET on it...

log attached...

sunday Log.txt

Hi Luke,

I think something strange is going on as now I can't even watch Live TV... The channel plays for about a second and then freezes, then eventually starts again after about a minute but then bombs out to the selection screen...

and there's lots of these in the mpvlog:

[  13.300][e][ffmpeg] Seek failed
[  13.300][w][ffmpeg] Connection lost! Attempting to reconnect (2)...
[  18.927][v][ffmpeg] Could not set AVOption tls_verify='0'

any ideas?

and live tv is ok if I watch through the nextPVR app...

Edited by markyp

Hi Luke,

I think something strange is going on as now I can't even watch Live TV... The channel plays for about a second and then freezes, then eventually starts again after about a minute but then bombs out to the selection screen...

and there's lots of these in the mpvlog:

[  13.300][e][ffmpeg] Seek failed

[  13.300][w][ffmpeg] Connection lost! Attempting to reconnect (2)...

[  18.927][v][ffmpeg] Could not set AVOption tls_verify='0'

any ideas?

Wherever you got this log please attach the complete log. thanks.

but let's get back on topic and look at the server log from scheduling a recording. thanks.

yeah, sorry, I thought the two things might be connected...

anyway, server log attached, restarted just before and then just after trying to record channel 1...

another thing to mention, is that the guide doesn't show any of the recordings either, although they show up in the Live TV tab

server-63653070066.txt

2018-02-01 08:25:38.290 Info HttpClient: POST http://family:8866/public/ScheduleService/Record?sid=5c21279e30374d78bb6a386a18f009d3
2018-02-01 08:25:38.330 Error App: [NextPvr] CreateTimer async with exception: NotFound

You probably want to check your next pvr logs.

2018-02-01 08:25:38.290 Info HttpClient: POST http://family:8866/public/ScheduleService/Record?sid=5c21279e30374d78bb6a386a18f009d3
2018-02-01 08:25:38.330 Error App: [NextPvr] CreateTimer async with exception: NotFound

I've had a look at the logs and can't find anything, but there are loads of them and I don't even know where to start!

do you think it's worth moving this to the NextPVR section of the forum? 

Emby has a stale out-of-date copy of the EPG information. Emby is trying to schedule a recording using an listing identifier that is no longer valid, which gives this 'NotFound' error. Emby just needs to reload the EPG data, so it has current data, then you'll be able to schedule recordings.

Bingo!

Thanks very much... I just ran a manual update an all is well.

I'm not sure why the nightly refresh hasn't worked though...

It does work, but then next pvr data changes again and now you're out of sync again. So you'll need to look into the refresh schedules of the two software applications.