"Program ended" and/or way to quick tune

FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

I know I mentioned this previously but the guide, because it doesn't force refresh, it's possible to try to tune to a program from the guide (technically live TV) that is over and in doing so, instead of just going to the channel, it displays an error "program ended."

Reproduce:

1) Open the guide a few minutes before programs roll over.

2) Once the time for the program has elapsed, try to tune to one of the programs that are no longer on.

3) Instead of tuning to the channel, it will display red text "program ended."

Also, it would be nice if the channels themselves were selectable in the guide when the guide is scrolled all the way to the left (logically live TV selected).  If you selected one of the channels, it doesn't pop up any dialog, it just instantly tunes it.

The guide will refresh itself but probably not immediately on an hour change.

You know you can just hit the play button on the remote to immediately tune to the channel, right?

• Like 1

FordGT90Concept

The guide will refresh itself but probably not immediately on an hour change.

You know you can just hit the play button on the remote to immediately tune to the channel, right?

In this case, it was 9:30 when it happened.  I suspect the "program ended" thing is mostly there for recordings, right?  If the user hit "tune" it should just go ahead and tune to that channel regardless if it is over or not.  Even if it is a recording, it can still schedule future episodes to record, correct?  I'm not sure that it should ever say "program ended" because there's better alternatives.

Nope, I didn't know that.  :lol:

Edited by FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

It took me a while to figure out how to play on the SHIELD Remote.  Answer: double tap on the volume touch surface for pause/play functionality.

On the topic of the guide, found a bug.  Opening settings caused the buttons to render outside of the visible area (lower right part of the screen):

post-138756-0-85810400-1517069687_thumb.jpg

Edited by FordGT90Concept