Haesselmaas
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Haesselmaas

Hi!

I have a large media library with clips from different shows - sorted by the date they originally aired.

I would like to find a way to be able to add all these clips to one place, sort them by date and then watch them chronologically on my phone.

I have tried in a lot of ways, but I can't make it work. I spent years finding the airing date of every single clip and adding the date to the name, but in the Emby player the names of the clips are automatically changed to episode names, so even if I could find a place in Emby to add the files, I wouldn't be able to sort them correctly.

Also, there are a lot of clips that come from the same episode, which just seems to confuse Emby.

Please help me. How do I make Emby stop changing the names of my files? Is there a playlist (of something similar) function where I might be able to sort the clips by date? And if so - would I then be able to watch this "playlist" on my phone (e.g. on my way to work)?

Haesselmaas

Ok, I just tried to do that, but I see no change. The names of the files are still changed to episode names.

How do I make Emby stop doing that?

• Solution

Remove the TV library that you created and then just have the home videos library and that's it.

• Like 1

Haesselmaas

Ok, this seems to have worked. Except for one thing. How do I add all the clips (from different shows) to the same playlist (or something similar) and sort them chronologically?

Hi, have you tried just using the "add to playlist" feature? just right click on a clip -> add to playlist.

Or from the clip detail screen use the 3-dot menu -> add to playlist.

Once the clips are added you can easily go to the playlist screen and drag and drop to re-order. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Haesselmaas

Yes, I have, but I have over a fifty thousand clips and would take way too long to sort them all. Is there really no way for the clips to be sorted automatically?

Edited by Haesselmaas

what you could do is create a playlist based on an entire folder, and then the playlist will be sorted based on the sorting order of the folder.

you can also create a playlist based on multiple folders using the multi-select tool, however the order that you'll get in the playlist group them by folder - close to what you want, but not exactly.

Haesselmaas

Yeah, not at all what I'm looking for, sadly... 

All this would be solved if there was a sorting feature on Emby playlists...

• 1 month later...
Victorious

Apologies for jumping into this thread, but I have the same issue - I'm creating a playlist of the many Marvel shows and I want it to be in transmission date order. A way to do this with a few clicks would be much appreciated :-)

We don't have sorting for playlist so right now it would have to be manual. But you can drag and drop to reorder.

Victorious

Thanks Luke. Although with 140 or so episodes (we're a bit behind!) it is a bit slow.

Is it possible to drag more than one episode at a time?