Primary posters not downloading

Mechanical Whispers

Mechanical Whispers

Greetings,

I have had Emby for a long time now, and for a while it has had an issue where the primary images aren't being downloaded automatically for movies I add to the database. If I manually go in and edit images, I can do a search and grab the primary image. But for some reason, Emby isn't doing this automatically. I do notice that if I try to manually grab the primary image, in the selector, the first thumbnail is always blank. I'm guessing that's some website that Emby can no longer reach? And perhaps this is what it is set to as the default image to search for? Is there a way to troubleshoot and fix this?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Mechanical Whispers

I drilled down in the Library Metadata settings, and changed the priority for downloading images to MovieDB. It was trying to pull from Open Movie Database, and that database has a lot of missing files, or something wrong with the connection. We'll see how it goes now when I add more movies.

Ok, for the last few months we have changed MovieDb to be our highest priority provider for new server installations. It sounds like you may have originally installed just prior to that. But I think switching to MovieDb is a good thing to do. Thanks.

• 7 months later...
Mr_christer

Just wanted to mention I have the same problem in the newest beta. I had to disable Open Movie Database in "Manage Library" to pull in correct metadata, even though Tmdb was already set to be priority.

Just wanted to mention I have the same problem in the newest beta. I had to disable Open Movie Database in "Manage Library" to pull in correct metadata, even though Tmdb was already set to be priority.

Then that's just coincidental. Please see how to report a problem. thanks.

Happy2Play

@@Mr_christer Please report all beta issue in the testing area.