Emby fails to switch audio tracks

jaredallard

jaredallard

Emby Version: 3.2.70.0

directstream log: https://gist.github.com/jaredallard/411a15e318775f5941e37ef9e7ad75dc

Steps:

1. Opened up media

2. Selected 'eng' audio track

3. Continued using the 'jpn' audio track despite showing it as using the 'eng' track.

This happens regardless of player (android/chrome)

As always, let me know if you need anything else (left server log out as I don't feel it contribs anything here)

jaredallard

hi, are you sure you had the eng track selected? this seems to indicate you had jpn selected.

Yep! 100% sure. Screen recording: no audio because I forgot to enable it, but it was JPN the entire time. ffprobe as well just to clarify at the end.

Edited by jaredallard

I'm not able to reproduce this so i wonder if the issue is specific to your media. can you provide a sample video for testing? thanks.

jaredallard

I'm not able to reproduce this so i wonder if the issue is specific to your media. can you provide a sample video for testing? thanks.

PM'd a link. 

the problem here is that the default track is not the first audio track. chrome has no api to change tracks, so when we direct play, we are relying on it to choose the track marked as default. To resolve this we will have to trigger a transcode when the default track is not the first track.

jaredallard

the problem here is that the default track is not the first audio track. chrome has no api to change tracks, so when we direct play, we are relying on it to choose the track marked as default. To resolve this we will have to trigger a transcode when the default track is not the first track.

Interesting, by transcode is that a literal transcode or is it able to just-in-time 'stream' it, like I've noticed it's able to do with most audio track switching.