New to Apple TV app... Movies don't display collections?

Parjai
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi, I've been using Emby for a while as a media server, but I'm used to Emby for WMC, and then Emby for Kodi.  I finally grew tired of some serious shortcomings I was having with my HTPC lately, and got an Apple TV.  I got the app installed, connected to my server, and have been happy with it for the most part.  However, in Kodi, or in the WMC Emby client, in my movies library, collections would show up in the library.  I didn't have to go to a separate collections tab or anything.  

Example:  Browsing through my library and when I get to the "S" portion of my movies, I'd have a single entry for my Star Wars collection, and then entering that would show Episodes 1-7, Rogue One, etc.

On the Apple TV, they're just displaying right on the root of the movie library and not inside a collection.

Is there something I'm missing settings wise?  I've been through most of the settings and I can't seem to find anything.  I know how to enable the separate collections tab, but I don't want to use that.

arrbee99

I would imagine you would tick the third box but not the fourth ? Apologies as I don't have an Apple TV so don't know if its something specific to that device.

5a693980879ca_EmbyDisplayCollections.jpg

Apple TV does display collections in the movies view as I can confirm it works. As @@arrbee99 indicated you might need to check the display settings for libraries in the server dashboard.

I have all those enabled on my server... would using [boxset] with xml have anything to do with my issues?  I prefer the legacy method as it's easier to setup (in my opinion).  On my server, in the metadata manager, they all come up correctly as collections.

• Solution

I have all those enabled on my server... would using [boxset] with xml have anything to do with my issues?  I prefer the legacy method as it's easier to setup (in my opinion).  On my server, in the metadata manager, they all come up correctly as collections.

It might. We are not currently testing this with the apple tv app, sorry. At the very least they will not work until we have a dedicated Collections tab.

The setting that Corey mentioned does not apply to legacy boxsets.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info... guess I'm just going to have to accept I need to change how I setup boxsets\collections.

While on the topic of collections, I'm curious... is it possible to create a collection of TV Shows?  I.E.  Create one collection called Star Trek, and then add TOS, TNG, DS9, etc to it?  That way I only have one entry on the root of my TV show library and then enter it to see all the Star Trek shows?  I know waaaay back in the day of MB2 I think I could do this, but I think it was just using a folder view.  Especially since moving to Kodi a couple of years ago, I haven't been able to figure this out and just kind of gave up on it, but I'd really like to be able to do that again if possible.

Thanks for the info... guess I'm just going to have to accept I need to change how I setup boxsets\collections.

While on the topic of collections, I'm curious... is it possible to create a collection of TV Shows? 

Yes.