Live / Recorded TV issue

IamMrZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When playing back a recording on my tv I only get half the screen, any ideas why this would be? The quality is great just get get half of it. 

Using HD Homerun 

An update on my recording woes.

HD Channel recordings only show half the picture when viewing on LG tv, the picture is offset to the right.

SD Channel recordings record the channels subtitles which when played back are not in sync.

I am coming to the conclusion it is my LG tv.

Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Thanks 

Yes software all up to date.

After constant moaning from the family I have returned to Plex.

I like Emby but for me there are a few issues.

I will try again on a future update.....or when I get a new TV

• 1 month later...
whyteknt

just wanted to add my support to the request to get this changed in the LG TV ap so that you can fast forward current an active recording.  I was so glad when Emby added the built in guide, I thought that was the last piece that had been missing to keep me from subscribing.  I've been testing for the last 2 months with a monthly subscription, and the problem with not being to move around in an actively recording show is driving me crazy.  I do enjoy  some of the features Emby provides over WMC, but I'm really missing that ability to start playing an active recording and catching up to 'live' by the time the recording is done, skipping commercials along the way.

any chance this might be an enhancement that could be worked on for the next LG update? (ETA?)

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Just jumped ship from Plex to Emby due to a year old issue with being unable to play a currently recording program (fast forward/rewind) only to find that I have the same issue on my 2 LG TV's (albeit a slightly different issue but same ballpark) I see this has been an issue here for 18 months so just wondering where we are at with this problem so I can make a decision on the best way forward of keeping the wife happy and recording my sport!

Many Thanks

Just jumped ship from Plex to Emby due to a year old issue with being unable to play a currently recording program (fast forward/rewind) only to find that I have the same issue on my 2 LG TV's (albeit a slightly different issue but same ballpark) I see this has been an issue here for 18 months so just wondering where we are at with this problem so I can make a decision on the best way forward of keeping the wife happy and recording my sport!

Many Thanks

Hi, I responded to you here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75512-raspberry-pi-4-rewinding-and-fast-forward-a-program-being-recorded

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
easperhe

I would like to add to this. I was pretty impressed with Emby until I tried to watch a football game. Like IamMrZ, it was pretty painful to try and watch an in progress sporting event. Like a lot of sports fans, I like to record for 1-2 hour before watching so that I can jump through commercials or even the first half and end up pretty close to real time at the end. It seemed like I could only jump forward in a couple minute chunks. And when you're trying to go 45 min ahead that was painful. 

Now that 4.0 server is out, I REALLY hope this is on the top of the to-do list for Emby. I agree that the DVR is crippled without the ability to freely seek/jump within the existing, but unfinished, recording. I'm a long time user of SageTV and SageTV could do this from day 1 that I used it (at least 10+ years). I don't understand media containers and which allow seek and which don't. But, this is a showstopper for me. 

Would using Plex plugin enable this? 

It's 10 months later, updated the server and emby theater and tried web app, and still no improvement here. Is this every going to be fixed??!! There can't be a single sports fan in your development team. The ability to easily move within a recording was there in Beyond TV and SageTV from day one. Why is this so hard for Emby??