strm files - External srt not loaded in Apple TV app

Senna

With the web app I can play strm files from my library with external srt subs.

On the Emby Apple TV app, when I do the same, the external srt subs aren't loaded and doesn't show up during play, even when I select the external srt subs before play in the detailed screen. Is this a problem with the Emby Apple TV app ?

I defer to @@Luke on this one from the server perspective but I can confirm that the Apple TV app supports external subs when you choose the 'Select Audio or Subtitles' option, choose your subtitle, and then select 'Play with these selections'.

It'd probably be helpful to post server, and ffmpeg logs.

Any ETA for this @@ebr and @corey, because I just transferred the complete VOD library of my iptv provder to strm files in a Emby library. Right now this library is useless in the Emby Apple TV app, because srt subtitles aren't loaded.

You already got an example strm and srt in your PM to test.

Thanks !

@@Luke I assumed that sending a strm file with a srt was sufficient enough for Emby Devs to investigate this issue, like I posted before in PM.

Seems to me, the best way to investigate this issue in providing source material, to you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Update with 3.2.70.11:

- On Apple TV 4k srt subs are appearing at random, so sub line appears but subsequent dialogs are missed, so I only get subs at intervals and those intervals display sub with right srt timing). So movie is not displaying sub dialogs at ALL timings from srt. (webapp and iOS app displays correctly)

- When I swipe down, I don't see subtitle section (next to Info and Audio), while it IS showing subs from srt at random intervals.

- Embedded subs from srtm is not recognized in Emby, can't Emby probe the stream URL form strm file, to discover the embedded sub tracks ?

MrMC has no problems with strm files, embedded subs in strm file and srt subs.

Is this still work in progress ?

• 2 weeks later...

From platforms what I have from Emby, srt are working with strm on :

- Web app

- iOS app

- Theater UWP

- Theater Xbox One

Edited by Senna