Chromecast Screen Saver: Movie titles

Blob

Hi,

I feel inspired to watch movies shown on the screen saver.

Could it be possible to show the movie title together with the backdrop image?

Thanks

• Like 1

I thought we already did that? Isn't the title in the lower right?

Hmm, are there other screen savers than the one saying:

"Ready to cast"

"Select your media in Emby and play it here"

?

Sorry, I'm not able to see any titles on that.

Thanks.

Yes just let it sit for a few minutes after connecting to chromecast. please let us know if this helps. thanks !

i just tested and it's working fine for me. does the emby user you're connecting with have any movie or tv libraries?

also for family friendly reasons it limits content in the screensaver to pg-13 or less, so the rating could also be an issue. and titles without ratings are excluded.

i just tested and it's working fine for me. does the emby user you're connecting with have any movie or tv libraries?

also for family friendly reasons it limits content in the screensaver to pg-13 or less, so the rating could also be an issue. and titles without ratings are excluded.

Thanks for testing your US system, and by saying it like this - could this be a location issue..

The emby user has full access to libraries.

The rating for this user is not set - what will it default to for this user then?

5a6c63ecdbfac_ParentalControl.png

I dont know where the server got this from, but it must meen:

Danish - All

Danish - 7 Years

etc.

How does it relate to the US system: Does the ChromeCast look at US system or is it aware of the others´?

Then I looked at some movies metadata

5a6c649416081_Meta2.png

Looks like a lot of not standard. Is there something like the genre cleaner to fix this mess?

So this could be an rating issue.

Please leave some input about this.

Thanks.

Then please launch your chromecast, give it a few minutes and then attach an emby server log. thanks.

Hi,

Here are the logs. Please ignore my friend from 5.186.77.70.

I lunched my App 09:36:16, UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 7.0; HTC One M9 Build/NRD90M; wv) 

I choose cast 09:36:25, deviceName: Chromecast57

09:40:42 its still cycling trough images behind the text "ready to cast...." with no title names

Thanks

Edited by Blob

It looks like you're playing content. Try just connecting to Chromecast without playing anything.

Ok, it was not possible to ignore the friend.

Heres a log with no friends. I connect from Android 17:36:19.111 and after that choose cast.

The images behind the "Ready to cast" is switching but no Title.

Thanks

Edited by Blob

Ok i see what you mean. i was unsure what you meant about title, as in the movie itself. Well the point of this screen is to direct users to the text in the center "Ready to cast".

Ok i see what you mean. i was unsure what you meant about title, as in the movie itself. Well the point of this screen is to direct users to the text in the center "Ready to cast".

But you say there is also a screen saver kicking in after some time after the "Ready to cast" screen?

Where is that screen saver on the ChromeCast with Titles?

Yes - Titles on the Ready to cast screen is a request.

Thanks

I was mis-remembering, sorry. We used to just show a blue background underneath ready to cast, and we changed that to random backdrops based on feedback.

I was mis-remembering, sorry. We used to just show a blue background underneath ready to cast, and we changed that to random backdrops based on feedback.

Ok, Thanks.

So the request from me is to have the movie title displayed as well.

If there is no other screen saver on the ChromeCast I just wonder about: i just tested and it's working fine for me

• 1 year later...

By movie titles i had misunderstood you to mean that no movies were showing at all.

Hi,

Since the movie title is now visible in the webapp backdrop screensaver - Can the backdrop movie title  come to Chromecast screensaver (Ready to Play screen) soon?

Thanks.

5de7e9ee6026b_bckdrpsaver.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...