Music rating scale

AllanMarcus

AllanMarcus

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn’t find anything.

I’m really digging Emby, except for music ratings. Love/nothing (2 possibilities) isn’t enough for me. I would greatly prefer dislike/unrated/like/love (or the more traditional 5 point system). Any way of enabling this?

• Like 2

It's possible for the future. We will monitor this feature request for community support. thanks !

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
lemonato

This would be a sweet feature.

EDIT: But for now, see my workaround here

Edited by lemonato

• 1 year later...
EbbandFlow

Trying out emby now.  I can't stress enough how important my 5-star rating system is to me in my (current) iTunes library.  I have SO MUCH based off of it.  Is there any way that I can transfer this knowledge on to emby?  I would hope with this being a PAID service that something like this would be considered.

Thanks!

Hi, we currently don't do five-star ratings so it's not possible to import the data into Emby at this time. It's possible for the future though.

• 3 years later...

@LukeSearching through forums trying to find plugins, work arounds, etc for a music rating system. Thumbs Down, Not Rated, & Loved should be more than enough to cover most people's situations like most streaming platforms provide.

Would it be hard to add a Thumbs Down button to force songs to be skipped when playing the queue, playlists, albums, whole artists, etc?  User-dependent of course just like the Loved button.

32 minutes ago, gbrock said:

@Luke

Would it be hard to add a Thumbs Down button to force songs to be skipped when playing the queue, playlists, albums, whole artists, etc?  User-dependent of course just like the Loved button.

Hi, this idea has come up before and is certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.