Auto-Organize shows some shows twice

AllesMeins

AllesMeins

I've a strange problem withe the auto organize feature. When adding a correction for files that emby doesn't recognize on its own (=marked in red), some shows started to appear twice in the drop down menu. If I select one of these shows and try to apply I get an "Error: null" from emby.

This started only a few days ago and seems to happen only in the auto organize feature. In my library and in the metadata manager these shows only appear once. Is there a way to fix this?

5a66ff1c03e52_embyscreenshot.jpg

I'm running Emby 3.2.70.0 on OMV 2.2.14

Edited by AllesMeins

Hi, yes this is actually an issue in the server core of old database entries hanging around. It is something we'll look to improve for a future release. thanks !

AllesMeins

Hi, is there any way for me to fix it manually? Maybe clean the database somehow... So that I can continue using auto-organize. Or do I have to wait until the next releases?

You'd have to go into the emby database file and delete the old entries. it's probably not going to be easy to do.

• 4 months later...
0plus6

I am having the exact same issue, however, this is causing a larger problem for me. I recently moved all files to a new drive and mapped my libraries accordingly. When I attempt to auto organize a TV series it tries to write the file the old drive.

• 1 year later...

Has this been looked at? It is causing me some major issues at the moment. 

What version of Emby Server?

TheMafia

What version of Emby Server?

Hi mate

Version 4.1.1.0.

Would it be easier just to delete the database and let it re-create?

Yes, at this point it should not happen again with new series, but older entries from previous server versions may not necessarily be cleaned up.

• 2 weeks later...
chstoll

I do have the same Problem, some series appear even three times. I don't want to delete my complete library.db file. How can I cleanup those old entries? 

In theory you could edit the database directly to delete the old rows as well. Please keep in mind this should no longer happen with the latest version of the server, but you may still have some of these duplicates from older releases such as 3.5 and below.

icthusman1

So the solution is to delete the library.db file? Then recreate my whole library? Ugh.

How can I just edit the DB? I do SQL querying at work so am familiar with Select/Update/Insert/Delete in SQL but I am not sure what program to use to open the library.db.

• 4 months later...
AllesMeins

Sorry to dig this up again, but I finaly decided to clean this mess up :-) Are there any downsides to deleting my libray.db and rebuilding it? Will I lose the watched-status of my shows? Any other problems I should be aware of?

Sorry to dig this up again, but I finaly decided to clean this mess up :-) Are there any downsides to deleting my libray.db and rebuilding it? Will I lose the watched-status of my shows? Any other problems I should be aware of?

Yes you will lose watch status, although our backup plugin can help you preserve that. I would suggest waiting until Tvdb has resolved their issues though before doing this:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79269-tvdb-api-issues/