Linking Emby Media Server To My Domain

MClements130

MClements130

Hey Community, 

I'm having a issue with linking up my Emby to my website using the ip address method I currently use Cloudflare as my hosting. Does anyone know if I got to add special domain records to the domain in order to allow it to connect up. By the way I have already allowed port 80 and a range of other ports into my Firewall Incoming Rule. Can anyone help me get it all linked up to my website. Maybe help by providing me a step by step guide on doing it. If any questions please refer to this Community Topic in order to get ahold of me. Thank you Community hope to hear from you soon

Swynol

@@MClements130

i'm using Cloudflare. 

A few things first. 

1. Do you have a static WAN IP or DHCP?

2. Have you changed your Domain registrars Nameservers to Cloudflare?

3. Are you using NGINX or just want to connect to Emby from external?

I do have a guide but its on my web server which is having fibre connection issues.

The basics are.

1. create an A Record in cloudflare. (something like emby.mydomain.com which points to your WAN IP) make sure it has the orange cloud.

2. on your router port forward 80 and/or 443 -  forward external 80 to internal 8096 and external 443 to internal 8920

3. in emby server > Advanced - change your Public HTTPS to 443 and HTTP to 80

4. download cloudflares origin SSL cert. you should get a domain.crt and a domain.key

5. use this site to convert the crt/pem to a pfx (PKCS#12) https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html  make sure you set a password

6. In emby server > Advanced. point the server to the PFX certificate and enter the password.

7. Restart Emby.

i think that's about it.

• Like 2

MClements130

Okay I have done that now and it is saying it can’t be found on my domain site if it helps I can provide the website

MClements130

So I have setup it all and it is still not working what is going on I did the records on cloudflare and I have made the port forwarding and made it pass thru my firewall and it is still not working can someone send me a example of how there Emby Media Hosting is setup so I can see it to see if my settings are lined up correctly

pir8radio

Can anyone link up to me in TeamViewer and just help me get it started

lol, not the wisest security thing to do, but you can PM me if you want..... 

mastrmind11

Why not get the box setup w/o all the extraneous stuff and once that works you can tweak it to work w/ a CDN?  It seems like you're approaching this backwards.  It's literally a 5 minute process to get this working locally/externally using your assigned ISP WAN IP.  At least then you can rule out local deficiencies.

Edited by mastrmind11
  • Like 1

MClements130

Hello mastrmind11,

I have done that and had it running but now I want to go more advanced and set it up to host it

mastrmind11

ok, then it's more guidance than a bug fix.  I will bow out now, since I have no experience w/ a CDN.  Good luck!

MClements130

Still can’t find a fix to fixing the ports. Anybody know how I can fix it. Somebody in this post has tried to help me fix it and we had no luck

pir8radio

I think your main issue is your ISP seems to be blocking inbound ports.  Couldn't get it working without Cloudflare.

dcrdev

Did you try a selection of ports?

ISPs don't usually block all inbound, but some for instance block a mixture of the standard http(s) and smtp ports.

MClements130

All ports are in stealth mode and I can’t figure out to fix that a guy from this forum tried to help and we both couldn’t figure out why that is happening