What features cost money, and which are free?

embywell

cptlores

Now I am confused..  There was a big thread about this earlier (premiere limitations). And the main point you guys made was that we should not worry, since that the limit was counted against active devices and not total number of devices that has ever been connected. But I am unable to find the thread since it seem my posting history before feb 2019 is gone..

... not total number of devices that has ever been connected.

It isn't total number of devices that have ever been connected.  From the article I linked:

How long does a device count towards my limit?

The system tracks device usage for about a week. So you need to count only devices used regularly by your users when estimating the limit for you. It is important to understand this is a device access limit NOT a concurrent connection limit.

• 3 months later...
dvnwllms

For clarification, if I have a premiere subscription that means up to 25 devices can use the paid versions of apps for free? I'm just concerned about inviting someone & they only have 1 minute to watch on their Fire Stick. As long as I have the subscription that won't be a problem, right?

For clarification, if I have a premiere subscription that means up to 25 devices can use the paid versions of apps for free? I'm just concerned about inviting someone & they only have 1 minute to watch on their Fire Stick. As long as I have the subscription that won't be a problem, right?

Yes that's correct.

• 11 months later...
KennethWH

I will stick with PLEX the player is free.  I bought the Android app for a one-time fee of about $5 CAD and no restrictions as of yet. The FireTV (aka Android) app is as 100% free as the Windows app.

• Agree 1

Keep in mind there is nothing "free" when the company owns the users and not you.  They can/do put their media with ads upfront before your media which is harder to find. That is regardless if you purchase an app or not.  No thanks!