Android TV Guide display

ajap

I have 2 different android boxes and both are displaying the live tv guide the same way , only showing 5 channels and a couple hours . From what I've seen online that isn't normal however it seems to display properly on all other devices (ie. ios, html)

see attached , any suggestions ?

5a64e42ac7a7c_emby_guide.jpg

what do you mean "non-standard" ?

I mean some box other than a Fire TV, Nexus Player, Mii3, true TV set or Shield.

All of the standard Android TV boxes work on the same device-independent pixel setting but some plain Jane Android boxes do not follow this convention and the app has not done the work to adjust to that yet.

deallier

Hi i have the same problem 

and i have tested all the previous versions and the problem starts from Android TV_v1.4.61g   and i have tried all the resolutions settings no change.

plus play back of the live tv when i select a different audio track it will jump back a page and say it can't play that file

however if i use an external player VLC i can change audio tracks no problem,

and the Android app the standard one works fine with the audio.

also the Android TV app needs a setting so that it remembers the username and password all the time at the moment if you come out of the app then go back in you have to put back in the user name and password a real pain

thank you for your time

and carry on the good work guys

Yea the issue as Ebr says is that these boxes do not use device-independent pixels that pretty much all other android tv boxes use. Therefore we are going to have to add some workarounds specifically for these devices. (Shame on those manufacturers).

also the Android TV app needs a setting so that it remembers the username and password all the time at the moment if you come out of the app then go back in you have to put back in the user name and password a real pain

Hi. We have a setting to auto login to a specific user.  It is the very first option in the settings page.

We do not just remember the last user because TV apps are commonly used in shared spaces so we don't want to force you to have to log out of your "adult" account every day to keep the kids from getting into it automatically.

• 3 weeks later...